Does Statute Barred Rule Apply To Dwp ?

DOBBYDOG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Exactly, The Limitations Act applies to all debts in England and Wales, even crown debts like council tax.

It doesn't apply to new style student loans, and only has limited application to Judgement debts.

• Haha 1

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Thanks Dannyboy660 I'm pretty made up over the whole thing mate and its all down to the good people of CAG so I'll just sit back and wait for the silly letters to come thick and fast and file them in my cabinet under "cr*p!", LOl. Also as a matter of interest I had a little visit today from Red collections agent today, honest! He was a middle aged fat tw*t with a rather large belly. "You Mr. so-and-so?" "I am!" "You owe us £££'s !" I replied hang on I'll just get the dog(Big German Shepard Dog called Red) as I came out of the door he was away over the gate and down the street to his car with my fluffy boy barking like **** after him!! Oh Happy Days! Oh Happy Days! (Red the GSD is a baby that sleeps on the bottom of the bed at night&is afraid of the dark!honest!)

Hi guys. This letter has been received and was wondering what you make of it. Thanks.

Ok, have ammended details. Doh !!! what an idiot.

Dannyboy, do you think i should send stat barred letter or just leave it ? Thanks in advance

scan0003-1.jpg

I had those t***ers after me for the same thing. They phoned me up and went through all their normal sh** of threats etc. Informed them it was statue barred and was informed that I had been badly informed and I either pay up or go to court. I told the arrogant prat in very Anglo-Saxon words to take me to court and see how far he got.

That was two months ago and nothing has been heard from them since.

Dobbydog,

If it's over six years you have nothing to fear from the DCA. They can't do anything but the DWP can take money from any benefits you claim from them in the future, apart from a few exceptions.

You could contact DWP and ask for proof etc, and you might be able to sort something out to suit your circumstances. You could in theory just do nothing. It depends how you want to deal with it.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

It has your name on it!

TezViper

TezViper

I give advice not as an expert on law, only as a guy who succesfully claimed back £3385 from The Halifax. Followed by another £2611.

Lloyds TSB settled in full before hearing

Cap One offered full settlement and default removed.

If I help in any way then please donate to the site when you are succesful

Mmmmmmmmmmmm. (Thinking)

Sending the SB letter won't do any harm, but they may not take any notice.

You could give it a try, it might shut them up. They're not telephoning you I guess, so make sure you keep it that way. They will give you any old poop about the special powers they have while collecting for the Gov, but unless there has been some huge change in the law recently it's all a load of carp - just more lies to make you pay them.

If you've not had any contact with them so far, it might be better to just leave it and ignore them. The DCA won't be able to do anything, and they will have no choice but to give up eventually.

If I were in your position, I would do nothing as far as the DCA is concerned, but possibly tackle the DWP directly. You should get a second opinion, (I'm a little biased where DWP are concerned) but I don't think you've got anything to worry about.

Other opinions Ladies and Gents??

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)