Help - from defense to offense regarding stays

Noddy73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have been thinking today and wonder if anyone is great at writing polite letters. Here is an outline of what I am thinking about.

Thoughts. Good or bad.

Help. Please help me draft this.

LETTER TO JUDGE BEFORE STAY

Dear Judge

1. come to my attention that some cases are being stayed.

2. Bank applied for a blanklet stay.

3. MoR decided not to issue an order staying all outstanding cases. Instead he asked the Deputy Head of Civil Justice to write to all Designated Civil Judges, (which he has done) inviting them to consider staying outstanding claims on a case by case basis as appropriate.

4. Banks applying for stay on a case by case basis.

5. If you are consider a stay or HSBC has requested on I request a hearing be arranged so that each party can submit documents before the hearing and reason "arguements" be given by both sides prior to a decision being made.

Hi Noddy, I like your thinking. Seems to me we have abeen a bit slow here in all this. Blanket stays are NOT acceptable...so we have to challenge. I am in Cardiff..with several hundred others,....seems to me that everyone paying up the extra £30 for a hearing of the application to remove stays would put us back on the offensive again ... and for those at this stage already, we must have loads of evidence that the banks were never intending to contest, (no contact, no AQs submitted etc etc), We need to take the initiative again

Hello,

Just wondering people thoughts on this letter. To be sent before a stay.

To Court Manager

Claim Number xxxx

Court xxxx

Claimant xxxx

Defendant xxxx

Dear Sir / Madam,

FAO: District Judge XXXX

I have read on the HSBC website (see attached) that they shall be applying to the court to put my case on hold while the test case is running.

They have asked the Master of Rolls for a blanket stay and he has decided not to issue one, but instead asked the Designated Civil Judges to consider staying outstanding claims on a case-by-case basis as appropriate.

Therefore if a stay is being considered or requested, I respectfully ask that a hearing be arranged so that both parties can present their individual cases regarding the stay.

Yours faithfully

xxxx