style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When I first started using this site over a year ago, it was full of fun, friendly and helpful people. We were all in the same boat, being shafted regularly by our banks and we all had the same common goal, to get our money back. I have been on this site tonight for a few hours after a long absence due to work and personal commitments. I was really looking forward to some helpful advice and support. How disappointed I was to find people deliberately hounding other users, belittling their views and trashing their opinions. Threads are being locked because some people are incapable of being civil to each other. There may only be a few users on this site who have recognised legal qualifications but there are so many people offering quite litigious advice and opinions. I will happily offer my own experiences up for people but some of the things I have seen are downright wrong and would be capable of misleading some users. may I ask, before anyone starts sending posts back, that we think about why we joined in the first place? How many times have we criticised the people looking to make a fast buck by claiming their bank charges back, yet I have seen posts that beggar belief. I shan't get involved with giving examples, but spend some time looking through the site as I have tonight and I think you will be surprised. Let's support each other, not fall out amongst ourselves.:)

• Haha 2

If you think I have been any help at all, click my scales, go on.... You know you want to! :lol:

LLoyds: (Husband) - *Settled in full* 20/12/06

Halifax: (Mum) - *Settled in full* 05/12/06

Studio: *Settled in full and more* 09/12/06

GE Capital - *Settled in full* 16/11/06

Barclays: - *Settled in full* 04/01/07

Capital One: - *Settled in full* 02/02/07

MBNA: - *Settled in full* 30/01/07

Yorkshire Bank (Friend) - *Settled in full* 30/06/07

LLoyds TSB x 3 in progress (Friend x 2 and Husband again)

Abbey National in progess (Friend)

I agree

"Wisdom Begins In Wonder"

My advice is based on my personal experience and should be taken as such.

If I have helped you, Please click the Scales

Abbey WON - MNBA WON - BARCLAYS WON - HBoS(1) WON - BT WON

HBoS(2) LBA Stage - HBoS(2) Prep

Hi Michelle.

The fact that you find locked threads and deleted posts is testament to the untiring efforts of the Moderators and Site Helpers to keep the site clean.

There is a certain faction, most of them from off-site, who delight in trying to stir up aggro. We know most of them, even when they re-register under a different name. as soon as we find a bad post, we deal with it.

We owe it to the 160,000+ users who are here for legitimate reasons.

There are over 100,661 seperate threads, containing more than 1,053,576 posts. As you can see, it would be impossible to control without the help of users who report bad posts to us (by clicking on the red triangle at the bottom-left of the post).

The reports are directed to the team. Nobody on the open forums can see them or know who has made the report.

We then look at the post/thread and make a decision what action to take.

Just enjoy using the forums while we endeavour to keep them clean for you.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Its common that as a forum becomes more popular, the number of people who want to "create havoc" will also increase.

The best course of action is if you see a post thats trying to create a reaction, instead of replying and giving the poster a reaction (which is what they want) use the report this post function and let the site staff deal with it.

Thanks for your replies folks. I still think that there are so many helpful and kind people on here and I will still offer and take advice from you all. Thanks guys.

If you think I have been any help at all, click my scales, go on.... You know you want to! :lol:

Glad you have not been put off, Michelle, and nice to see you back! (although I suspect not so nice about the reasons you're back! :-()

Still, at least, you know where everything is, (more or less), so you shouldn't need too much help, hey? ;-)

Glad you have not been put off, Michelle, and nice to see you back! (although I suspect not so nice about the reasons you're back! :-()

Still, at least, you know where everything is, (more or less), so you shouldn't need too much help, hey? ;-)

Hey bookie, what do you mean about the bit in brackets? Had a good bottle of red and a bit confused!!:)

Hi Michelle.

The fact that you find locked threads and deleted posts is testament to the untiring efforts of the Moderators and Site Helpers to keep the site clean.

There is a certain faction, most of them from off-site, who delight in trying to stir up aggro. We know most of them, even when they re-register under a different name. as soon as we find a bad post, we deal with it.

We owe it to the 160,000+ users who are here for legitimate reasons.

There are over 100,661 seperate threads, containing more than 1,053,576 posts. As you can see, it would be impossible to control without the help of users who report bad posts to us (by clicking on the red triangle at the bottom-left of the post).

The reports are directed to the team. Nobody on the open forums can see them or know who has made the report.

We then look at the post/thread and make a decision what action to take.

Just enjoy using the forums while we endeavour to keep them clean for you.

Regards, Rooster.

You all do a cracking job and I wasn't having a dig at the moderators etc.:)

Hey bookie, what do you mean about the bit in brackets? Had a good bottle of red and a bit confused!!:)

Well, I assumed you're back because you got charges again? Isn't that the case?

Or if you mean the "more or less" one, well, we have new POC specific to each bank, and more forums leaning towards the consumer side, etc etc... And of course we have grown even bigger.

Easy on that red, pal, you'll have a great big hangover in the morning! ;-)

Well, I assumed you're back because you got charges again? Isn't that the case?

Or if you mean the "more or less" one, well, we have new POC specific to each bank, and more forums leaning towards the consumer side, etc etc... And of course we have grown even bigger.

Easy on that red, pal, you'll have a great big hangover in the morning! ;-)

No more charges, been a good girl!! They have tried to hit me with a couple but I ring up and give them hell and they seem to refund them!!:rolleyes:

With regards to the hangover, I take two Anadin extra before bed and hey presto! no hangover! (please note, I am not endorsing this as an ideal thing to do but it works for me!!)

• 8 months later...
When I first started using this site over a year ago, it was full of fun, friendly and helpful people. We were all in the same boat, being shafted regularly by our banks and we all had the same common goal, to get our money back. I have been on this site tonight for a few hours after a long absence due to work and personal commitments. I was really looking forward to some helpful advice and support. How disappointed I was to find people deliberately hounding other users, belittling their views and trashing their opinions. Threads are being locked because some people are incapable of being civil to each other. There may only be a few users on this site who have recognised legal qualifications but there are so many people offering quite litigious advice and opinions. I will happily offer my own experiences up for people but some of the things I have seen are downright wrong and would be capable of misleading some users. may I ask, before anyone starts sending posts back, that we think about why we joined in the first place? How many times have we criticised the people looking to make a fast buck by claiming their bank charges back, yet I have seen posts that beggar belief. I shan't get involved with giving examples, but spend some time looking through the site as I have tonight and I think you will be surprised. Let's support each other, not fall out amongst ourselves.:)

So once again, I have to ask the same question. I haven't posted much but I am a regular visitor and once again I am staggered about the amount of bitching and back biting going on. It's not just reserved for the bank forums either, every area you go on there is certain people looking to agitate others, why? What are we achieving? This site is fabulous and everyone involved from site helpers to moderators and admin have made this site what it is. Why are people trying to destroy the ethos we have going on? This site can be relied on to offer some amazing advice and tips on anything and everything. I honestly don't know what I would have done over the last couple of years without the support from you guys. We need to bear in mind that the people who moderate this site do so because they WANT to, not because they are being paid to do it. Let's give the site and it's staff the respect and kudos they deserve, let's face it, where would we be without them? We may not always agree but we are adults and have our opinions and that's right, but we should also respect that others have their own thoughts. Live and let live is what I say and thank to all who maintain this site. I think you are great!! Rant over! (michelle exits stage to the left, thank you LOL!)

Unfortunately Michelle, while I applaud the idealism, I think it would be too utopian (and indeed, unneeded) to have everyone agree with each other. Debate is healthy, and required - and the whole reason for a public forum is that views can be countered and contradicted, in order for the OP to receive the right answer in the end. I agree that some people go about it the wrong way, but generally speaking the discussion, disagreement and debate is NEEDED to keep the forums going.

Which brings me on to my pet hate - people flaming you and worse, accusing you of WORKING for the banks and covered your own back, just because your opinion differs from their own!!

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Hi Michelle, We're still here, plodding away.:D

As MrShed said, debate is healthy and keeps the site alive and buzzing.

It shapes the way we deal with banks, etc by allowing methods to be hammered out.

Unfortunately there will always be a minority who try to cause trouble, but you can be certain that as long as we've got the backing of sensible users, we'll be here to try to sort it out.

Nice to see you back.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....