Welcome Finance ??????

groovychickmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

me (unemployed girlfriend in 2004)

o/h (employed)

joint account with w.f already had one, paid that off, then we got another one. default dec 2005, i moved regions. he followed a while after,n got back together.

anyway, september 06 i started paying 10 per month, to global.

now, i have got mine n his credit files, mine with the default of over 2 grand( though the 'current' is more than the default, dont know why that is. now, this is the problem i have, my partners' credit file is clear of the debt, though i was unemployed n he was working..o and i think ppi was on,(aint sure coz not got sar back yet).

so, can they legally do this, as i have just been on their website, and i cannot have a loan(no, i dont want one, just wanted to see if being a housewife still whether i would be able to get one) the answer is NO. YOU MUST BE WORKING, so, therefore how can they put all the debt on my credit file and nothing on his? AND I DIDNT LIE ON MY APPLICATION FORM EITHER,THEY KNEW I DIDNT WORK.

Welcome (that's a laugh) Finance are a nightmare.

My son got a car from them and they added PPI at £46 a month!!! I made him write and cancel it within the 30 days allowed. They ignored it. He wrote again and copied their head office. They ignored it. Wrote again - guess what - ignored it. All letters were signed for and receipts obtained from Royal Mail website. I managed to get the email address of the Chief Executive of their parent company - Cattles. I emailed a letter (and sent in post) 3 days later my son received a call from the local Welcome office asking him to come in and sign a new agreement. This all took six months and they owed him nearly £300 in PPI refund. Also got a letter from their compliance officer in Nottingham with a cheque for £50.00 as a gesture of goodwill. However he;s still waiting for the £300 rebate so Cattles CEO will be getting another email tomorrow morning. When I get to work tomorrow I'll post the contact details for the CEO and you can contact him with your complaint. Welcome seem to get a bit more motivated when they get a kick in the backside from the "big chief" !!!

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

All rates correct at the time of going to press. Loans are only available to applicants who are 18 years or over, in full time employment (minimum of 16 hours per week) and a bank account holder. Calls may be recorded for training purposes. Welcome Finance is a trading name of Welcome Financial Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the selling of General Insurance and Mortgage Intermediation. Registered in England No. 133540. Registered Office: Kingston House, Centre 27 Business Park, Woodhead Rd, Birstall, Batley WF17 9TD.

SO WHY GIVE ME A JOINT LOAN THEN...........AND DEFAULT ME NOT HIM...god,i am going to have a lot of fun with this lot............bring it on...

cant wait for the docs to come through the door, hope it has a default letter copy coz ive not seen one, assignment letter, and please god, let it be a proper credit agreement, because i can remember them putting the admin fee in with the loan THEN calculated the money payments, but i better not speak too soon eh? lol

_uacct = "UA-662468-3";urchinTracker();

If the account was joint then you are both equally liable. In reality this means they will go after the first person they can find. The default though may be legally invalid depending on it's contents (there are certain things that have to be in a default notice).

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

1. ive never received a default notice(though i had moved)

2. their website states you HAVE to be emplyed(at least 16 hours)

yes, my partner was working, i wasnt, and i remember them adding all my benefits(carers,child ben,dla(sons) to the total of income,

o well, cant do anything until they send s.a.r.

• 1 month later...

ok, recieved S.A.R. today.

firstly, the fee is included BEFORE the monthly amount worked out, so i know that one.

2. in payment statements, (remember i was supposed to pay nearly 200 a month, n after me n o/h split in 2005 i sort of stopped d/d then october 2005 started paying 10 a month (which i stopped paying in aug,when global didnt send cca)...........right, got that ?

back to payment statement, may 2007.FULL WRITE OFF THEN AMOUNT BALANCE 0.00.

NEXT 4 PAYMENTS MAY,JUNE JULY AUG 10 EACH, redt (meaning credit) balance 40 pounds.............so, if this was wrote off in may, why have i been getting letters from global?

cant scan but its wrote like this:

jan 07 GL(MEANING GLOBAL) (10.00) 2,318.95

FEB 07 GL (10.00) 2,308.95

MAR 07 GL (10.00) 2,298.95

APR 07 GL (10.00) 2,288.95

MAY 07 FULL WRITE OFF (2,288.95) 0.00

MAY 07 REDT (10.00) (10.00)

JUN 07 REDT (10.00) (20.00)

JULY 07 REDT (10.00) (30.00)

AUG 07 REDT (10.00) (40.00)

DONT NOT SAY SOLD TO ANY OTHER COMPANY, REDT MEANS CREDIT THEREFORE THIS IS STILL HELD WITH WELCOME, IF ITS WRITTEN OFF, THEREFORE DEFAULT SHOULD BY REMOVED TOO SHOULDNT IT?

ANY IDEAS ON THIS GREATLY WELCOMED...........

the last letter from global was last month asking for payment, within S.A.R nothing to state it had been sold to global or anyone else, so therefore, it must still be with welcome, and as statement state credit of 40 in august, i'm in the clear, though i did ask equifa to remove the default from credit file( at the time i stated wrong amount on file), they wrote back statings welcome say it correct threfore it stays........

so, if i have written proof of FULL WRITE OFF in statement, therefore default cant stand now, as it is infact in 40 credit..........

please lease, if someone knows what i need to do/say please help me, i hope this is a good thing and its been written off , but i just need someone to clarify it for me.