CCJ..help needed please.

Steeley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a CCJ from Natwest in 2003 for just under £10,000 combined loan and overdraft.

I paid the monthly payment required but stupidly stopped paying last year as a considerably large portion of the debt is in fees and charges applied when they were not authorised to make any payment above an agreed overdraft limit.

I' ve received a letter stating that a new firm of solicitors acting for them will be seeking a charge on property.

2 questions.

Is it too late to have the CCJ put aside due to what could be unfair charges added ? If not, then what statement to give? Can I ask that any action be suspended or the case reviewed.

Secondly, I am listed as a property owner but do not have full rights over a half share of the equity as my partner, by verbal agreement has, the majority through paying the mortgage and has already given me a large portion of what would be my equity leaving hundreds rather than thousands if it were sold.

Any help appreciated.

Is it too late to have the CCJ put aside due to what could be unfair charges added ? If not, then what statement to give? Can I ask that any action be suspended or the case reviewed.

have thye started the process to obtain the charge? have you received any info from the land registery?

you could set it aside re: charges, i think it would be a discretionary set-aside, however.

Secondly, I am listed as a property owner but do not have full rights over a half share of the equity as my partner, by verbal agreement has, the majority through paying the mortgage and has already given me a large portion of what would be my equity leaving hundreds rather than thousands if it were sold.

i'm not sure a verbal agreement will stand up, you guys should have had something formal drawn up.