are tesco's allowed to do this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi every one i am new to this but here goes.

are tesco or any store allowed to take thing away for you at the tills?

after deciding for about an hour in tesco toy isle with my three younge children (5,3,and 1) they eventually chose a toy each. (it was to spend there pocket money that they had saved for ages) we get to the tills to pay and the girls toys got through fine then it gets to my three year old little boys batman toy that he was really looking forward to getting and the women serving says he cant have this as it isn't scanning and has been delisted and takes it off off him which really upsets him. she then goes on to say that he is just going to have to pick something else. ha! thats a laugh by now he is screaming the place down. im feeling really embarraced as he is really upset but im also very angry. three days on and he is still really upset that the girls got what they want and the mean lady wouldn't let him have the toy. there was a label on the shelf stating the price and there was loads more of the same toy on there so are they just allowed to take things away from you?

Hi,

I know the feeling and ive only got 2 boys, i wold have gone to the customer services department to ask what the problem was with the product you wanted to purchase.

This is just a hunch but there have been product recalls on many mattel toys and this could have been the problem.

BBC NEWS | Business | Mattel recalls millions more toys there is a list in here of all toys involved in the safety recall.

claire

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

hi thanks for your reply,

i did check on the recall website to see if that was why but it wasn't on there. there was 4 others but not the same one. i didnt really want to hang around the store as i was so embarressed. i might email the customer services dept though. i hadn't thought of that.

thankyou

Ok now I know exactly what I would do! Go back to the store on yo own. Pick up another of these toys. Take it to the till. If they take it off you again, go get another one. Keep doing this until the shelf is empty. Then go to the customer service desk and complain that on 15 (or whatever) different occasions you have been told an item that was on the shelf has been withdrawn from sale! Pity you could't have done it on the day! They may have removed them all now!