Court Date - Need Help Please

Mrs White
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just been given a court date for the 29th September. I've received a letter from Abbey - hoping to apply for a stay etc etc. Presume it's just a standard letter as I belive that my court is processing cases as normal. Therefore need to get my court bundle ready and this is where I need some help. Are the following documents the only ones I need to include?

- Copy of correspondence with Abbey

- Lastest schedule of charges

- Copy of statements

- Relevant case law summary

- Early Day Motion from the Houses of Parliament

- Dunlop V New Garage

- The Unfair terms in consumner contracts Regulations 1999

- Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977

- Suppy of Goods & Services Act 1982

- OFT statement Summary (where can I find a copy of this please?)

Do I send out my court bundle as soon as I have it ready or wait till close to 14 days before court hearing?

Really would apprecaite some guidance as I'm getting nervous about it all. The court has said that the hearing will last 5 minutes - is this usual? What other preparations should I consider.

Am claiming for £2500 do really need to get it right.

Many thanks

I concurr with Kelly, please post a copy of your order from the court and dont worry about the letter from Abbey, they have sent it to everyone :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Thanks for your reply. Letter is dated 30 July (i have been on holiday, so just opened it this week) and says " Districyu Judge McCulloch has considered the statments of case and allocation questionnaire filewd and allocated the claim to the small claims track. The hearing of the claim will take place at 14.00 on the 28th Septemnber and should take no longer than 5 minutes. The court must be informed immediately if the case is settled by agreement nefore the hearing. Each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents (including and experts' report) on which he intends to rely at the hearing no later than 14 days before the hearing. The original documents shall be brought to the hearings. Dated : 20 July 2007"

Is this a standard letter, and I just get my court bundle ready? or what?

Would really appreciate any help and look forward to your responses. Thanks

Thanks. Just one last question. If the Abbey apply for a "stay", is this something we both need to agree on or can they have a "stay" granted without me agreeing. Not 100% sure what the term means. When do they apply for this - is it at the court hearing or beforehand. Can anyone guide me on what to do. Thanks. Also do i have to include T&C from the Abbety - if so I don't have a copy of these, what can I do?