Credit Record - Querying banks marks?

maangov
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all,

Checking my credit record shows 3 recent late payment marks on my current account. I dont believe any of these to be correct. Are there any letter templates to query this information with HSBC?

They probably relate to payments made to a managed loan, which bounced from my account. Strange that they reflect this against the current account, and not the loan itself. In any case, there were probably 3 late payments, however they were not consecutive. probably spread over 7 months, with on time payments in between. Therefore they should be individual '1's' not recorded as 3 in a row.

Any advice/letter help much appreciated.

MA

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.

I may be wrong but i think some of the banks report a late payment mark if you have gone over limit in the month or they have bounced a dd.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

im being ignorant here what is a payment mark is it like a points type of system kept for internal records or do experium and the likes have access to this mmm i wonder if they do would be really intrested to find out

For each credit account reported to equifax or experian there is a monthly payment mark covering the last 6 years. If you pay the account when due then you get a "0" if you are a month late then you get a "1" if you are two months late you get a "2" and so on. Therefore for each account it may have a history something like 000000000000001100000001230000000000000000001000100000010 etc

When you are credit scored the system will take into account the above history and various other factors.

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

so that means without words spoken you could be on hundreds of points indicating a bad or troublesome payer etc:

surely experium and the like cannot have access to any of this whilst you have not ever bounced or missed any type of payment ...