MINT Credit Card & Triton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well so far no responce from Intrum Justitia Ltd but this morning a letter from Debt Investigations (UK) Ltd regarding the same debt. Looks like Intrum Jutitia has handed colection back to MINT.

Another copy of curlyben's letter going off to Debt Investigations Ltd and maybe a formal complaint about Mint.

Hi poker mad. I'm in the same boat with mint. When triton gave up they passed mine to aic who like to ignore all letters and like wasting their time calling me at work. But even they have got fed up with calling me now. Strange how mint use different dca's in different orders. Mint however are still quite insistent that they will continue to harrass me despite no correct cca. Maybe time to send them an offer. I'm thinking 20%.they probably won't accept as they can claim more money back from the tax man if they eventually sell to a dca.

• 1 month later...

This morning recieved a letter from irwin mitchell solicitors who are acting for intrum justitia who are acting for mint. Ive got 7 days to pay the debt or may face legal proceedings, hope they arent holding their breath.

Oh dear how said.

How's this for them:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your Ref : xxxxx

Your Client : XXXX

I refer to your letter of xx/xx/2007, which was received today.

Frankly, I am surprised of the need to remind a firm of solicitors about the terms and conditions surrounding my Consumer Credit Agreement request (Consumer Credit Act, 1974); received by XX DCA XX on xx/xx, and subsequent dispute notice. I can only assume therefore that they failed to inform you.

Should your client now persist with threats of legal action as stated in your letter, I will welcome the opportunity for a judge to look at several offences committed by XXX DCA XX under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974, as well as your client’s non-compliance with and total disregard for the law on this occasion.

Yours faithfully,

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Today I have recieved a letter from intrum justitia, they apologise for any inconvenience their involvement has caused me and assure me that they were acting in good faith on behalf of their client and had no knowlage of any dispute. The account has been passed back to the Royal bank of scotland and I will recieve no further correspondance from them.

I'll wait for the Court Claim now.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well I had a game of letter tennis with Wescott, I offered them a £1000 in full and final settlement if they agree to remove the default, they declined. As a reply to each of their letters I offered a bit less each time. It got the offer to a pound at one point. Haven't heard anything from them since December 2008.

The default is starting to cause problems for me, I would like to try and get rid of it. At one point I was prepaired to wait five years for it to fall off, but what if they put it back on? I will check and find out when I last made a payment.

Has anyone had any experiance of sending a cheque in full and final, they cash it and continue asking for more? Whats the rules regarding this?