Removing defaults - time to respond

Cazziebo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have written to the Clydesdale Bank regarding a default lodged on my credit file. After four weeks I received a letter from them saying they need another 4 weeks to investigate, they take all customer complaints seriously blah blah blah. 4 weeks later I got another letter saying exactly the same. Today - I got the same letter. So it is now 12 weeks since my original letter.

The account defaulted in 2005 - was paid in full three months after the late payment. I do not recall any communication from them at all. (My father was seriously ill (subsequently died) and I was spending most of my time at his house 300 miles away and really just didn't find the time to make the payments. These were the only ones not on direct debit - how much do I regret that now)

so question is - is it reasonable for them to take 12 weeks to find the paperwork lodging a default against me? What do I do now?

• 7 months later...

OK well you have been patient and I hope you have records showing all those letters and the time you have given them...What did you write tot hem anyway? Did you send the Stat notice not to process or the Surelybonds letter?

Have a read of: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/24013-defaults-proposed-method-removal.html#post187269

and http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/11659-how-get-your-default.html

That should be a good start mate...

Good luck,

Penfold