Mistake(s) in POC-Advice Needed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've been reading CAG and MoneysavingExpert forums for the last few months for advice on how to proceed with bank charge claims, on behalf of four working extended family households who have been charged several thousand ( not including interest) over the last 6 years or so.

Having downloaded templates I helped start their letter writing and thought I had gleened sufficent understanding to help proceed with the first of the court claims.

The first of these against Halifax was made using MCOL just prior to the OFT announcement and was deemed to have been served on the 28th July and has reached the stage of acknowledgement which was filed 31st July.

Reviewing the POC recently I realized I'd made mistake(s) :-

1. - In the first sentence instead of stating that the account was opened on 12/03/99, I'd put 12/13/99. An '1' instead of a '0'.

2. I didn't name myself as a Friend acting behalf of the claimant - I'm concerned that if this actually ends up in court, he will need someone to represent him as he doesn't have the time ( works long hours) to familarise himself with the in's and out's of the relevant law and court procedures.

3. Having read the threads about claiming back more than six years I included all the charges prior to the six years limit but didn't include any reference to the law which voids the 6 year limitation. Was this necessary at the POC stage ?

Do I need to ask for the claim to be amended ?

I'd be obliged for any advice

Another possible problem ?

When Halifax responded to the SAR for details of the default charges they'd applied to the account- they sent a one page list of charges which included the amount of charge and date applied, but no description of what each charge was for. I simply copied these details with the description default charge into the spreadsheet for inclusion in the schedule of charges. Will a court need more detail ?

B.U.M.P. -- Bring Up My Posting - (Used when a thread has slipped down the ------------------------------------------------------------------------- list of threads and still needs an answer)

This maybe helpful http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31476-glossary-abbreviations.html