Hire Purchase agreement

mazel01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal budget shows that I can't afford to pay anymore but a family member is helping me out with the payment. I can't put that on my personal budget or can I? I just want an end to this problem and thats why they are helping me out, plus I need a car

My personal budget shows that I can't afford to pay anymore but a family member is helping me out with the payment. I can't put that on my personal budget or can I? I just want an end to this problem and thats why they are helping me out, plus I need a car

Well you could include it on the budget but I would personally not include but add in your covering letter that a family member is helping you so you can afford to pay a bit more each month.

Hi Maz.... just replying to your PM.... :)

Dear xxxxx

Re: Account No xxxxx

Further to our recent telephone conversation, please find enclosed my payment for September.

From next month, I would like to confirm that regular instalments of £xxx will be maintained, plus an additional amount of £xxx (courtesy of a family member) until the arrears have been cleared completely.

I would like to thank you for your help in assisting me with this matter and look forward to your confirmation in due course. For your information, I have also enclosed a copy of my income/outgoings.

Many thanks,

Yours faithfully,

• Haha 1

we purchased a car on a hp credit agreement back in feb 2005 and have paid half of the agreement but now are struggling to pay each month as it is £250 a month can we send the car back with no more payments.

we purchased a car on a hp credit agreement back in feb 2005 and have paid half of the agreement but now are struggling to pay each month as it is £250 a month can we send the car back with no more payments.

Hey there.

If you can start your own thread you will be able to seek lots of help! When you do could you please state whether or not you've received a default notice.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

• 3 weeks later...

Received a letter from Finance company.....

We are extremely concerned that you have failed to respond to our previous correspondence( I haven't had any since I sent my letter of proposal).

Therefore, if you do not respond to this letter in the next 7 days, the next form of correspondence you will receive regarding the account will be from our solicitors. This will include a statutory demand for bankruptcy and a county court judgement.

Need some help on this as I have wrote to them offering my proposals for repaying the arrears and haven't heard anything from them. Also this is an HP agreement for a car, so surely it would be a repossesion of the vehicle, not bankrupcy?

Not sure what they're playing at :mad: .... but think you should write to them again (rec. delivery), enclosing a copy of your last letter.

Dear xxxx

Ref xxxx

I refer to you letter dated xx/xx/2007 and the comments made therein.

For your reference, I enclose a copy of my letter dated xx/xx/2007, the content of which is self-explanatory.

I trust this clarifies the situation.

Yours faithfully,

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update on situation:

I wrote a letter to the finance company stating that I wanted to voluntary terminate my agreement. They have responded by saying that I need to pay £1000 before they can the termination......I have paid over 50% of the original agreement, so I don't understand what they are talking about?

To ask them for a full breakdown of the amount they allege is still outstanding. You can do this by asking for a Statement of Account (which is free), or through a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) which will give you everything, but costs £10. Chances are... that there's been a whack of charges added to the balance. Once you have these details in front of you however... you can then deduct them from the balance, which will leave you with the true amount outstanding.

All correspondence needs to go by rec. delivery though. :cool:

To ask them for a full breakdown of the amount they allege is still outstanding. You can do this by asking for a Statement of Account (which is free), or through a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) which will give you everything, but costs £10. Chances are... that there's been a whack of charges added to the balance. Once you have these details in front of you however... you can then deduct them from the balance, which will leave you with the true amount outstanding.

All correspondence needs to go by rec. delivery though. :cool:

I think you should get this done I had an HP agreement and seemed to just keep totaling up arrears, then i got a default notice which stated that i had £100 left to pay. The next letter I got showed I owed £634 outstanding arrears if i only still owe £100 then how can I be in arrears of £634. Truth is I aint they have been adding outrageous charges. So the suggestion that you SAR them seems to me like a suggestion you should follow. Good luck.