The Bank That Likes To Say Thankyou

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

My first post but its worth the read.

Last week my wife withdrew £1050 from our account in the local branch of a very large UK bank.

Two days later there was another cash withdrawal from our account for £50, my wife said I must have taken it out over the counter at our branch as it was for cash & not a ATM machine.

Well as I told her this was impossible as I was on a job 40 miles away at the time so I had no idea.

The next day she visited the bank & asked to see the signed counterfoil. The young lad looked through a pile but found nothing we had signed for BUT he did find a signed authorization by the manager to withdraw the £50, he looked rather embarrassed & turned for help.

He returned with the next in line who said "The manager authorized the transaction & was now away on vacation (edit) my wife left it at that.

MAD we were livid how can a bank help itself to your money without contacting you first?.

I wrote a letter to the bank & dropped it in myself. 2 hours later I got a phone call.

The lady on the other end was so nice & so apologetic she just kept saying sorry as I let rip accusing the manager of theft & the bank of misconduct.

Now I have been offered compensation & an amount to be given to charity but what I want to know is.

CAN ANY PERSON JUST HELP THEM SELVES TO YOUR MONEY & AS IT HAPPENED TO YOU?.

SHOULD I START LEGAL PROCEDINGS FOR JUSTICE, SHOULD I BLOW THE WISTLE???.

WHAT do YOU think I should do.

Acetip

Hello Acetip

It may have been a genuine mistake. Someone in the news recently was paid around £135000 into her account by mistake. A digit entered wrongly by a member of staff does happen. They have apologised and offered you something for your inconvenience. I don't think there is much else you can do. . Do you have any charges you can claim back?

P.S. . Can you please be careful with certain words in the future, as they can be potentially libelous.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I was told they made a mistake but found out 2 days later there was a sum of £50 missing from the tellers till, I did not have it I said, they said they just took it as they "Thought it had been paid to me by mistake" but why not call me & ask first, my point is they dipped into my account & therefore they can do this to anyone & your account could be debited without you knowing.

Sorry I'll take care when saying YES like they do.

Regards

Acetip

This all sounds really dodgy to me. I would follow it up with a call to the banks head office. No-one can just take money from your account - apart from bank charges, of course, that we are all proving to be a technical theft............!

What they should have doen was to call your wife at the ned of the day as obviously the cashiers till did not balance. When they called your wife they should have asked her to confirm the amount of money that she withdrew. The cashier must have told the manager that he/she thought that they gave your wife too much and automatically debited your account, very naughty!

What they should have doen was to call your wife at the ned of the day as obviously the cashiers till did not balance. When they called your wife they should have asked her to confirm the amount of money that she withdrew. The cashier must have told the manager that he/she thought that they gave your wife too much and automatically debited your account, very naughty!

What 2 days later, sounds suspect, they must have known prior to that.

Very odd thats why I want answers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Here is the latest.

This bank has offerd to pay £100 + the £50 they [EDIT] charged + £100 to a pet charity (They can claim this back from tax man)

Do I take & run or blow the whistle?, i'm in 2 minds, its not about money its about bank security, IS YOUR MONEY SAFE IN THEIR HANDS?.

I'll keep you posted

Acetip

2 xmas' ago, on 2 separate accounts at the halifax on 2 consecutive days £500 + £100 was taken out of my husband's account respectively.it was refunded 2/52 later,as it says our cards had been cloned.guess who has a healthy respect for me, that i was able to get back bank charges for MOI, our son, 3 friends?.now doing another friends.i might set up one of those 'fly by night' claiming your bank charges for yous company!!!not!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]if my response has been of help to you, please click on my scales. thank you:)

I do understand things like your loss do take place & quite often but my loss was not the same.

This money was taken out of our account in CASH from the bank branch not by any card & to do this over the counter it needs to be signed for.

Now neither my wife or myself signed for the cash but the manager did, 2 days later.

What I am saying is that i think this is theft & I am still pondering what to do next.

I have not signed the disclaimer from the bank & therefore I have not had our cash back or any compensation.

Best Regards

acetip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Update & thank you all for your imput. Remember banks do have to listen & you must never let them off the hook once you have a nibble.

Bank payed back they allegedly stole they admitted to a "Miss-calculation" I should co-coanyway they payed £50 they took + £100 compensation + £100 to be paid to the PDSA so after all the hassle was it worth it??.

Would you have stuck out for more????.

Regards

ACETIP