Strange phone call from J2 Solutions DCA

AWC
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, need a bit of advice here.

Got home this evening to find a message on the answer phone from a chap called Ross Parker to call him on 01254 663900. He didn't say what it is about, but as myself and my wife are sick of cold calling etc, we decided to google the number and found out that it is J2 Solutions Ltd, a department of Mackenzie Hall.

The odd thing is that he asked for Mr & Mrs X, but we got married 3 months ago and both changed our names, the Mr & Mrs X is my wifes maiden name, not mine. She has never had any debts at all and earns good money, so I know it isn't for her, and all my previous debts have been sorted (IVA), plus the name he asked for isn't mine, so I know I'm not being chased, plus I now live at another address.

I decided not to ring him back as I am aware of their tactics, but if he rings tomorrow I know I will loose my temper as we have never had any debts together. Perhaps he is chasing someone else and is just trying it on by using the same name? Should we just ignore it as I don't see why we should have to prove our innocence. :confused:

these muppets called my next door neighbour up and he put a note through my door asking me to call them. I did and they got it big time!!

I believe they buy old debts and try there luck. I would wait for them to write to you (if ever) then CCA them...

Could it have anything to do with an ex-partner of your wife's ?

Nope, she has lived here alone for 15 years (I moved in 2 years ago).

They might want information regarding someone else in the street perhaps?

these muppets called my next door neighbour up and he put a note through my door asking me to call them. I did and they got it big time!!

I believe they buy old debts and try there luck. I would wait for them to write to you (if ever) then CCA them...

Yeah, that's good advice.

I just don't want all this hassle. We have a happy marriage together and she has always been brilliant with money, just hate the thought of us having to do all we can to prove our innocence when we haven't done anything wrong, always pay our bills. :(

I guess that if he does ring asking for Mr & Mrs X, then I shall tell him the truth that nobody of that name lives at this address.

Strange... :confused: .... but if it's got nothing to do with you and it's not even your name anyway... just tell them they have the wrong person. Keep everything they send you though, just in case they become persistent little blighters.... and you need to threaten them with harrassment and the like.

;)

Strange... :confused: .... but if it's got nothing to do with you and it's not even your name anyway... just tell them they have the wrong person. Keep everything they send you though, just in case they become persistent little blighters.... and you need to threaten them with harrassment and the like.

;)

It is odd indeed. Lets say for instance my wifes maiden name was `Jones', and mine was `Smith', when we got married we changed our names to `Mr & Mrs Jones-Smith'. The chap on the phone asked for `Mr & Mrs Jones' who don't live here, but it is my wifes maiden name.

If it was one of my old debts which was registered under a different name and address, surely he would have rang asking for me in my old name?

The only other thing I can think of is that they have bought a very old debt that she may have run up years ago and forgot about.... but would be statute-barred now anyway. :confused:

Well, normally that would be a possibility, but she has always had good money, I am sure she has never ever had any debts, in fact she isn't even bothered that they rang, but I just don't trust them. Probably just trying to find out about our neighbours?

J2 Solutions are not debt collectors but are the "tracing" department of Mackenzie Hall. According to their website they use sophisticated techniques to trace people - they use the phone book!, then they call them up and when contact is made they are passed on to MackHall.

Ignore them and they will go away. If the parasites become a nuisance swat them with complaints to the relevan authorities. This should include Ofcom, the telephone regulator as well as OFT and Trading Standards.

J2 Solutions are not debt collectors but are the "tracing" department of Mackenzie Hall. According to their website they use sophisticated techniques to trace people - they use the phone book!, then they call them up and when contact is made they are passed on to MackHall.

Ignore them and they will go away. If the parasites become a nuisance swat them with complaints to the relevan authorities. This should include Ofcom, the telephone regulator as well as OFT and Trading Standards.

This is why it is so odd, for number of reason:

1) We don't have any joint debts and my wife has never had any debts.

2) We are not list in any phone book in our married name, entries are listed in my wifes maiden name.

3) All my previous debts are either paid off or subject to an IVA (2 years into it) and I have never defaulted in any payments. I am paying back one credit card in monthly installments which is not part of the IVA and did miss a payment for a few days, but have now paid it and am actually ahead of schedual, but that card is under a different name and address as it is so old and I haven't used it in years, so they have no reason to chase me as payments are being made and everything is in hand.

Oh well, we will wait and see. Thanks for all your suggestions, keep them coming in!

I got home today to pretty much the same message.

Mackenzie Hall and their lapdogs Meritforce are currently the subject of a complaint from me to Trading Standards/OFT/Information Commissioner and Ofcom for harassment so frankly I'm surprised that J2 have been given my details in terms of tracing me because MH know perfectly well I am here and do not owe a penny on the debt they are allegedly chasing!

I plan to ignore this and if MH start writing again it will really kick off...

[COLOR=magenta][COLOR=purple]Moorcroft DCA - CCA Requests (x2) sent 06/01/2007, 1 x CCA supplied and payments being made, one account passed back to Royal Bank of Scotland. Regal Credit demanded immediate payment in Nov 07, sent away with a flea in their ear as RBS is in breach of CCA.[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=magenta][COLOR=seagreen]Anonymous postcard from FCM Jan 08 can only be connected to this RBS farce![/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]Meritforce reported to TS, ICO, FOS and Ofcom April 07 for harassment and breaches of Data Protection Act over a debt that was paid more than a year ago! dec 07 ICO finally agree that DPA was breached but say that the law does not allow them to take any action![/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]Roxburghe DCA - CCA Request sent 06/01/2007, Unable to comply letter received 14/01/07.[/COLOR]

we took over the house phone number when we moved in about 3 year ago and we use to get calls from all sorts of donkeys from telesales and debit collectors so I changed the number and it

has gone quite,,,bliss.

Just change your number? I'm sure companies/shops/application forms sell our details on? I mean how else would they know.

Don't worry its not in your name!

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Thanks for all your replies everyone! :)

Well, no phonecall yesterday from them, nor did I bother ringing back, and so if it was important I would have thought that they would have been on the phone all day bugging us.

My conclusion is that either they were after someone else with the same surname or a neighbour.

This company got in touch with my brother in the past to see if he had information on the previous owner of his house, he brought it over 5 years ago. The company had been searching for information on a name and had seen that it was once linked to that address. My brother didnt want the hassel of getting involved and told them he had no information. They have not been in touch since.

So they are prob just after some help tracking someone.

Hope this helps

Not happy with this mupetts

Just got my credit file today and they have done a search on me with out my permission:mad:

check your credit file!!

They can do a search all they like, my credit rating is shot anyway as I am currently 2 years into an IVA. If they hassle me in anyway, then they have defaulted under the agreement and all my debts are void. :)

Should they decide to do a check under the name which they phone up for, they will get nothing out of it as it is the wrong name.

As yet, still no further calls, only the one last thursday, so I suspect it wasn't for us, especially as I don't see any reason at all why they would contact us.

• 11 months later...
Not happy with this mupetts

Just got my credit file today and they have done a search on me with out my permission:mad:

check your credit file!!

I've got one too - how were they given access to it? It's been searche din the wrong name......eg.....my name is un1boy and they have searched as unni boy.

What the hell do they want?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal