Diskmandave-vs-Barclaycard (x2) (Now with Cabot).

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Admittedly Dave you do seem lucky on this one.

I have recently seen a CCA for a 23 year old B'card account that was spot on with all the terms and only a few minor technical issues and I mean really minor stuff.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been having a good think about this all day.... With the application form they sent last week that doesn't contain a single prescribed term, isn't executed in any way whatsoever, and is largely illegible anyway... I've come to the conclusion that no credit agreement between Barclaycard and myself has ever existed... :eek: Give the other agreement a few more days to arrive and use that time to devise a plan methinks... :cool:

Definitely a money back arguement in there I think...

I've been having a good think about this all day.... With the application form they sent last week that doesn't contain a single prescribed term, isn't executed in any way whatsoever, and is largely illegible anyway... I've come to the conclusion that no credit agreement between Barclaycard and myself has ever existed... :eek: Give the other agreement a few more days to arrive and use that time to devise a plan methinks... :cool:

Definitely a money back arguement in there I think...

And a very polite BOG OFF letter to the DCA ****:D

So far Barclaycard haven't signed for a single letter i've sent them, so this came as a bit of a surprise...

Shame it's auto generated though.. :sad:

barc270807.jpg

And a pretty leaflet...NOT! At least i'll sleep tonight knowing that Barclaycard really do value my feedback and not just my money!!! Ohh yeah, right, that's the vodka that does that! LOL! :rolleyes:

BarcLeaflet.jpg

Waiting with bated breath again.........!!

I should learn to be a little more patient... :rolleyes:

CCA for Visa card received today... And guess what..? What Dave??

BarcMaster-1.jpg

It's exactly the same as the Mastercard CCA and upon taking off my empty head hat and replacing with the big silver Clever Hat.....

EveMGTFH.jpg

Memory of 12 years ago coming back now, and actually checking those barcode numbers... It's actually a dual application for both the Barclaycard Mastercard and Visa card! :D

What a shame Barclaycard!!! Looks like that's gonna cost ya £2k :D:D

Hi Dave I have had a very similar application form from Barclaycard and they have now sent me copies of my statements which I did not ask for. The DCA are back on the phone on a daily basis too!! I think I feel another letter coming on too;)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Well, i've cancelled Barclaycards payment and am awaiting their investigation...

Even though we now know that they only have a dual application form containing no prescribed terms for both cards, with no signature in execution or even on behalf of...!!! LOL!! :rolleyes:

So.... With my new found patience, thanks for the loan of the big silver clever hat Curly Ben... I think we'll await their next move...

It's now my contetion that I never had a legally binding Credit Agreement with Barclaycard..! See CCA scan!

Thanks for the support everyone!

No worries there Dave, just don't crease it ;)

I have a feeling this will move to Mercers, who WILL ignore you completely, then on to, hmmm I wonder.

My bets on RMA/NCO for starters.

I'll put £5 on that.

Anyone care for some of this action ??

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

No worries there Dave, just don't crease it ;)

I have a feeling this will move to Mercers, who WILL ignore you completely, then on to, hmmm I wonder.

My bets on RMA/NCO for starters.

I'll put £5 on that.

Anyone care for some of this action ??

We're not daft. The interesting question is who daves tertiary will be... connaught? maybe maccie Hall? Or the redoubtable Crapbot?

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

So come on Tom, put your money where you mouth is.

hey, I'm a regular on a debt forum... who said I had any money? I'd be putting barclaycards money where my mouth is:)

(Luckily, I know that Barclaycards credit agreement is unenforceable... because I still have a copy, LOL:)

• Haha 1

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

With me it was RUTHBRIDGE. They are beyond belief. Apparently they buy totally unenforceable debts and then get really nasty. One of the first DCAs to go bust I hope:p

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

With me it was RUTHBRIDGE. They are beyond belief. Apparently they buy totally unenforceable debts and then get really nasty. One of the first DCAs to go bust I hope:p

Ohhh...! I hope and prey that I have the pleasure of this!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
So far Barclaycard haven't signed for a single letter i've sent them, so this came as a bit of a surprise...

Shame it's auto generated though.. :sad:

barc270807.jpg

And a pretty leaflet...NOT! At least i'll sleep tonight knowing that Barclaycard really do value my feedback and not just my money!!! Ohh yeah, right, that's the vodka that does that! LOL! :rolleyes:

BarcLeaflet.jpg

Waiting with bated breath again.........!!

Well...!! It's the 20th tomorrow! Nyett, nada, nowt!! But what's new?!

I'll bloomin' tell what's new!

Original default, both cards, 30/09/1999 both having dropped off file. What do I find on my CallCredit file that came last week? 2 defaults with the default date & agreement ended date altered to 01/05/2007 alongside the correct start date 15/03/1996!!! Surely they can't do that can they??!!?! I can prove the original default date too as i've just dug out an Experian Credit Report from 2003 (keeping things is good!!).

Anyone there a bit more savvy on defaults comment on this...??

Feel a letter coming on...! :lol:

yeah i got a comment, if that picture is u with silly sivler hat on my only comment is:

God U an ugly sod, wot happened, did u fall out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down??????????

lmao muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/