Very Interesting response from SAR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well its been a while since my battle with Halifax over my closed account concluded and the other day I got my full SAR response.

Not too worried as I now consider Halifax to be out of my life now I didnt move on this too quickly but last night had a good look through.

In the information provided I have an email trail from Halifax where they admitted that they closed every single account that had £10 or less in it around Dec last year. Nothing too scathing about that as dormant accounts sometimes get this service. What DID interest me and may be of interest to others is that in the emails they mention that NO ATTEMPT to contact the account holders had been made!!!!!

So if they had the account details of the holders but made (by their own admission) no attempt to contact these people and simply just took their money................ anyone else thinking of theft???????? Enough so that an employee mentioned that he was worried that this action opened questions of a potentially serious and costly court action.

If anyone is interested in seeing this information or indeed taking this further by making a Freedom of Information Act request to get a full picture of how many accounts were involved and how much money has ended up in the Halifax's pockets that doesn't rightfully belong to them please let me know as I will happily scan the emails and join in the fun!!!

Gooders

If I have helped tip my scales:)

I am not a legal eagle, professional accountant, [problem] artist or axe murder so please bear in mind that my advice is just that advice from someone in the same boat as you.......

Claims:

Lloyds TSB Acct 1 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d/Statements received/£2500ish to be claimed + contractual interest

Lloyds TSB Acct 2 - *WON* over £5K won with compond CI at 28.9%

Lloyds TSB PPI *WON* - CCA'd/They cant find agreement/£2650 awarded

Halifax TSB Closed account issues*WON* - £610 in compensation for an account closed with £10 in it!

Student Loans - 20 Feb 07 CCA'd/on back burner for now

Hmmm seems Im on the right end of winning, God that feels GOOD!

Aha!

Why not inform the Information Commissioner?

Here's the link, if you haven't got it already!

Data Protection Complaints – Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry all been away on holidays (thanks Halifax:p )

ok points in turn:

1)KENNY Info was a full SAR request and had all the data pertaining to me held by Halifax so it went back some 10 years

2)PPMAN - that was my thought and I will gladly pass on the information to anyone who is fighting Halifax but for me the war is over!

3)Dusary - Am I missing something, they provided me the information I requested so what would the Information Commissioner get involved with. The problem wasnt the supply of information but their utter contempt and hiding of the fact they are taking money from their clients without informing them!!!!

I may send this into watchdog to see if I get any reaction!

Gooders

If I have helped tip my scales:)

I am not a legal eagle, professional accountant, [problem] artist or axe murder so please bear in mind that my advice is just that advice from someone in the same boat as you.......

Claims:

Lloyds TSB Acct 1 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d/Statements received/£2500ish to be claimed + contractual interest

Lloyds TSB Acct 2 - *WON* over £5K won with compond CI at 28.9%

Lloyds TSB PPI *WON* - CCA'd/They cant find agreement/£2650 awarded

Halifax TSB Closed account issues*WON* - £610 in compensation for an account closed with £10 in it!

Student Loans - 20 Feb 07 CCA'd/on back burner for now

Hmmm seems Im on the right end of winning, God that feels GOOD!

OK:

I'm satisfied.

Kenny is away at the moment, I believe.

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Interesting stuff Gooders. People can contact the British Bankers' Association (now there's fertile rhyming-slang material!) :D - they have a service that helps reunite holders of dormant accounts with their cash.

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Trust MacBoy to have more cards up his sleeve! ;)

I don't have any sleeves Dusary.. the British Bankers took my shirt :lol:

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!