just starting out...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey all, I'm new to the site and just about to try to get my head around all the FAQs to see how to go about starting the whole bank charges malarky. It's a bit nerve-wracking don't ya think? HSBC and Barclays are my two...(I'm really not a fan of HSBC, when I was a student with them I constantly felt messed about, and while Barclays haven't been too bad, I still wouldn't say I trust them!). So...any specific advice on what to do first, and how to do it right would be greatly appreciated...and wish me luck, I'm not very good at this kind of thing :???: ;-)

Scorchie xx

Hi and welcome

You have taken the first steps can i suggest that you start a thread in each of the banks that you will be claiming from

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/

that way you will get advice from people who have been through similar experience as each bank deals with claims differently

saint :)

Scorchy

Just have a read up and if you don't understand anything, post up and someone will be along to help.

I have won £4500 from A&L & just over £1000 from Capital One, so it can be done and is alot easier than you first think.

So stick to the timetable and you should be ok

hey guys - thanks for the replies...just sorting out my data protection letters and can't find answers to a couple of question...been reading the FAQs and some threads so sorry if they are asked alot, but struggling a bit to read through everything...

1. is it £10 per bank or per account?

2. how do you request the info for credit cards? is it a separate letter or for example would a barclaycard credit card request go on the the letter to Barclays along with the account requests?

3. and does anyone have any idea how to find a/c numbers you no longer have? I know I had a credit card with HSBC put I can't find paperwork anywhere....probably burned it in anger a few years back when they were being mean!

thanks and so sorry if this is just repetition for you all

Scorchie xx