Mbna Making Husband Ill

LEYLA
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have enough ink in your printer:D. I would send them all one.

Yes I am about - do a lot of reading and post now and then. Many ongoing battles - but then who hasn't? I try and keep on top of what is happening with everyone else as well.

Keep on trucking girl - sounds as if things are getting better.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I would send it to Arrow for sure.

As this is an MBNA case, I would think any agreement they manage to find would be as worthless as the one they sent me.

So, although you have not had a reply to a CCA request yet (or lack of a reply), I think you're in the same situation as I was in my YB thread.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Just letting you all know that printer has been in overdrive:D

Letters sent to CBS, MBNA & Arrow by recorded post. We will see what happens now.

MBNA have made no further response to prelim letter, so I'm going to send LBA off asap. If they can be so unfair and play dirty, all morals are out the window!! Just wish I had the nerve to add interest to existing spread sheet. :oops:

LEYLA

:o :o You could knock me over with a feather!!

Look at what's come todaymbnafinaloffer.jpg

Don't know whether to believe it or not.

Haven't heard anything in relation to the three letters I sent about the default and being reassigned. Should I be feeling so suspicious?

What happens to the debt, can it now be enforced by another company? Are there still battles ahead over this?

Part of me wants to shout YIPPEE - OTHER is saying "tread carefully, this isn't over!"

LEYLA

I am about to enter the MBNA nightmare trail and have therefore been reading your hassle with them. This looks to be very good news for you, a great start to the New Year. congratulations :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

wow! Looks good to me! nice! :)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Leyla, I don't know how much this refund would mean to you right now or even if you would see any of it should it not clear you balance, but personally, I would write back and remind them that your LBA stated you require removal of adverse CRA data as well as repayment of charges.

Tell them that if they do not agree to all of your LBA claims, they are instructed to remove the funds they have placed in your account and that you will issue your court claim without further notice.

Give them 10 days to reply.

I am only guessing, but I would think a default on your CRA files will cost you more than ~£1100 over the next 6 years... and they had no business registering it in the 1st place.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Hi well I have found all your comments so interesting as I to have been battered by MBNA, they have been so hurtful and rude and have nearly tipped me over the edge. Last July I went to a Debit Management Co and have found them excellent, everything was sorted quickly and my debts are being paid. Had a very nice letter from one but from MBNA they are beyond belief although they have agreed to my payment plan and have been sent a letter confirming the amount. Well the other day I received a text it said S.. can you call ...... when you pick this message up. Well not thinking it was them I did and after the guy being down right rude telling me that I was paying too much a month but I still had to pay them £198 NOW. I told him to go back and read his notes and hung up and called my D M co straight away and they called them. Well guess what they have tried calling me again. Can someone tell me if this is not harrasment and if I could report them to the FSA without causing myself to much grief.

im asking - have you found out if they have an enforceable agreement? If not they can go jump in the nearest lake. Welcome to CAG by the way. They are nasty people and it may be that they are being so pushy because they know they can't take you to court. Worth finding out IMO.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Thank you for the welcome. I dont believe the letter I received from my Debit Management today and they are confused as well. MBNA have now after receiving 5 months of regular agreed amounts each month which have been on time that they are now not going to agree to it, although I have a letter back in Dec stating that they were going to. Please help me understand what gives them the right to move the goal post. The thing I dont understand was when I realised that I was longer able to pay and ended up with a nerous breakdown they said I should have gone to them for help rather than the debit company. What a joke !!! If I had I honestly dont think I would be here. I work as a manager and when my clients are finding things difficult I will bend over backwards to help. Guess I would never employ anyone from MBNA. They are worse than loan sharks and the FSA should step in.

Depending on how long you have had the card you should send them a CCA request - letter N on here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

This will establish whether they actually have any right to collect the debt at all - in my case they couldn't find anything so have disappeared out of my life. MBNA seem to have a non-existent filing system, particularly with old agreements.

By the way you should start your own thread and you will get lots more help.

Hi Leyla - have you had any thoughts about the reply to their letter? I wasn't sure how this affected your situation in general, ie has it made much of a dint in the amount owing/will it get them off your backs?

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi Goldlady.

Have decided to wait and see if and where this cheque goes to - whether it goes to hubby direct or to account with CBL. Also going to give a couple more days to the three companies re default and re-assignment.

The debt amounts to £2,208 so would still be a fair chunk left outstanding.

As you know, MBNA have never properly complied with CCA request (although they argue differently). Was only ever application form completed with BOS along with MBNA most recent T&C.

It has been suggested that the debt could still be unenforceable and that the creditor still owes charges. Really not sure about this, as it was not our original intention, but will see what happens over next few days.

im asking - know exactly what this is doing to you. There are many helpful people on this forum, who really know how to deal with the likes of MBNA. The best of luck:)

Alphageek - as always, great advice. Will hang on a couple more days (as above) and see if there is anything further.

Will post update asap.

LEYLA

im asking

It would be better if you started your own thread (use the newthread.gif button at the bottom of thr forum) That way we can help you without it all getting mixed up with Leyla's ongoing story and congartulatory messages which she will be getting any day now.:)

A personal cheque made out to hubby arrived this morning from MBNA. Still nothing further from any of the three companies re the letters sent out to them. Maybe that's because TRANSCOM has now joined the bandwagon and states that our

"agreement (in accordance with your Credit Agreement Terms) is hereby terminated. As you have failed to pay your arrears as stated on the Default Notice, we must now request your immediate PAYMENT IN FULL of the above outstanding balance."

Right - so that's 4 of them now!!

O.K - the high morals that hubby and I did have has now gone out of the window, and we've banked the cheque for a start. Will probably send a further letter to the new monkeys and see which organ grinder replies.

LEYLA

Haha good news Leyla. My morals left the building a long time ago - after all we are dealing with people who have had theirs surgically removed - if indeed they ever had any. Battle on ..............;)

BANK CHARGES

Others

O.K - the high morals that hubby and I did have has now gone out of the window

If this damaged your window, I would consider filing a claim for damages :D

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Hi forum friends.

Well, after several months of not hearing anything more since receiving cheque from MBNA, received a notice of court proceedings from Cope's Solicitors on behalf of Arrow Global LLC who MBNA assigned debt to.

I'm not sure how to respond to them. Any suggestions?

Hi Steven,

This is an old lingering thread, and I'm afraid I've been extremely stubborn and perhaps "foolhardy"!!:p

The only agreement received was in actual fact an application form with original BOS. To cut long story short, despite being in dispute, MBNA passed debt around four companies, with Arrow seemingly buying it in the end!

My husband did get a cheque for all his charges, which was made out to him from MBNA and not sent to Arrow. We have received nothing since then until this letter from the solicitor.

It was never our intention to dodge paying MBNA, but I have to admit a certain pleasure in delaying them after the terrible impact on my husband's health (and my own come to that; which has declined in the last couple of months). However I appreciate, it is probably time to sort some kind of agreement, but just not sure about wording of an appropriate letter to the solicitor. Could really appreciate a friend's help.

LEYLA