Parking Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a parking charge notice yesterday from the car park I always park in.

My company pays for our spaces, and we have parking permits that are fixed to our windscreens. On this occasion, I had left something obscuring the view of the parking permit and subsequently received a parking charge notice for £80!

I really don't want to pay this extortonant amount, being I haven't got it, and the fact that I do have a valid parking permit, albeit it was partly covered. Has anyone got any suggestions of what I can do. I have been parking here for well over a year now, so they see the same car, in the same spot (we have bay numbers) every day, and they have done this to quite a few people who work here lately.

The ticket is from a management company who deal with all parking permits for the people who own the ground.

Thanks

Dani

Sadly the people who check the tickets do not have psychic powers to read obscured tickets or the mental capacity to remember the thousands of vehicles they check each week. One of the conditions of a ticket/permit is that it is displayed clearly to show expiry and vehicle details. If this is not done you may as well have left it in a drawer at home because it is useless without having the details visible.

If this is your first offence you could try asking forgiveness and give any mitigating circumstances but sadly the charge is for not displaying the permit clearly as opposed to not having one, which you admit to doing.

Sadly the people who check the tickets do not have psychic powers to read obscured tickets or the mental capacity to remember the thousands of vehicles they check each week. One of the conditions of a ticket/permit is that it is displayed clearly to show expiry and vehicle details. If this is not done you may as well have left it in a drawer at home because it is useless without having the details visible.

If this is your first offence you could try asking forgiveness and give any mitigating circumstances but sadly the charge is for not displaying the permit clearly as opposed to not having one, which you admit to doing.

However, this is a private car park and the ticket is no more than an invoice to the driver. It relies on contract law rather than parking legislation and is effectively unenforceable. There can be no offence in any contract in this country. Neither may unfair penalties be applied.

IHAPJ, you have to date posted 8 times on this forum, and each time I have had to correct your assertions. The majority of people come here for support and correct advice - something sadly lacking from the authorities charged with making as much money as possible from DPE. It is seen by councils working with a DPE regime as an income flow, not a parking issue.

As such, posters responding to these threads should do so accurately and in a position to cite statute law, case law and/or adjudication cases to back up the advice given.

You may be genuinely trying to help. OTOH, you may just feel that you want to spew nonsense across the forum or you are, in fact, simply trolling.

Please take a moment to reflect before posting and provide support rather than condemnation and bigoted opinion.