• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

novice computer user v barclays.*WON DEFENCE THOWN OUT*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tez, been reading tony's posts....

question, I know youve prob posted somewhere but your thread isnt exactly the easiest to follow..lol

HAVE YOU ACTUALLY CHASED UP THE JUDGEMENT?

HAVE YOU BEEN ADVISED THAT YOU HAVE JUDGEMENT?

If you have.......... contact the Lit Team and tell them you want it settled.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi daz,filed tuesday this week,they did say it had been processed that daythey said they would rush it because of court date approaching.told me it was in post wednesday,bit concerned never had yesterday,so could get today.

understatement of the year,know what you mean about thread,i dont understand what i wrote the day before sometimes.

know in head whats meant,but on the way down arm to finger,to key pad and on screen something happens.tez

You didnt keep me up. that was the 18 hour day and the huge bar of chocolate that i ate.

Im going to reserve my opinion now.

I want the best for you, as i do with everybody, but i think im begining to make your situation worse.

I do so hope it works out well.

I will be watching.

Good luck.

p,off,no way your making it worse teecee,ive worked with bruv for 30 years,the only time we have cross word,difference of opinion, is on how to do a job,by having cross word job ends up being done right and theres no i told you so after.what makes it worse for me is when no ones rattling even on other threads.this forums weening me off tele,there are normal people out there after all i had chinky.tez.

tez, do me a favour......lol

on your next post can you start a new line for every new sentence.

might make it easier to read...;)

If I were you I would get down that court house and ask for a copy of the judgement,

prob cost you a couple of quid but its better than waiting til the court date.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

OH MY GOD>>>>>Please tell me you are joking

you must know me by now daz.

after vacum saga.

wind up merchant look how many of the ladies bit.

although on serious note dont know if dropped clanger.was going to pm you because slightly embarrassed but will post it next just to let others

know to be careful.if need be.

tez.

soz i have picked up judgement order nice feeling

went to court fill in n225.

took plenty of reserves incase needed.

they were.

im sitting there and have to fill out another n225.

que forming behind like theres no tomorrow so getting bit flustered.any way job done.

just read judgement and my copy of n225.

court date 7.9.07.

i filled in date for payment(hopefully) the,f in, bs,f in, 7.10.07.

will it make difference or not?

ta.tez.

i will bung for tablets.

hi ,couple of questions, court date 7.09.07

what would happen when i get in touch with lit team and they ignore me or fob me off and court day comes?since times have changed could this open door for stay?tez

hi ,couple of questions, court date 7.09.07

what would happen when i get in touch with lit team and they ignore me or fob me off and court day comes?since times have changed could this open door for stay?tez

They wont ignore you, but they will be very grateful to you for reminding them that they need to do something now..

Just 7 days before court date.

Where as

Leave them alone and they will pay up.

The LAW says they must.

But they will do it when its TO LATE for them to do otherwise.

Im sorry to disagree with peeps so much more knowlegable than me, but having received 3 judgements myself, i think the LAST thing you should do is contact them.

Why give them an upper hand.

Heres my last word

DONT contact them.

Apply for hearing suspension for 28/56 days to allow settlement of judgement.

Sit back and wait.

07 Oct. If no settlement send in the bailiffs.

They wont even have received judgement instructions yet, but when they do they will settle quickly enough.

But if you remind them of court date soon, you will just FORCE them to apply for a stay.

I spent ages trying to get paid. They ignored me.

Then i got judgement against them. I ignored them.

They couldnt pay me quickly enough.

Things are hugely different now.

There is this nasty S word around.

No way would i hope the judge is in a good mood.

I woudnt even give him/her the opportunity in your position.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

cheers teecee,could not have dug bigger hole .

like you said i think times have changed they can gamble without being penalised.

nothing wrong with different views,have little debate and right thing emerges.

i may be wrong,usually am,but i thought i read somewhere that if you had judgement they could only ask for setaside,could not ask for stay.

what would setaside mean?

see in judgement it only says they can apply for setaside,with fee and a hearing may be arranged.

i can honestly see what you say looks good, if you get suspension .i do

understand what your saying.

how can you eat choc at gone midnight.?

tez

bloody hell ive missed you,hope everthings allright with you and yours.i do as well considering wrong date put on,dont need telling off.is it straight forward getting suspension do you know?.

i drive you to drink and teecee to chocolate.

tez

I know ive not been about much but had a lot going on here at home ... when i have managed to get on here tonycee has sorted you :)

Had mum in hospital so been running back and forth between here hospital and her house ....... dad bless him he hasnt a clue where most things are kept in the house (they've only lived there nearly 50 years lol)

Then when we got her home the head coach at my daughters gym was taken in hospital unfortunatly she died a week ago ..... its the first time my daughter has had to deal with death of someone really close to her so have tried to spend more time with her.She was only 65 and was like another grandmother to her infact she saw more of her over the last 9 years than she has of her actual grandparents (well it seems that way with the hours she puts in training)

sorry,fell asleep last night,very ignorant,i appologise.

thought something important was happening with you to keep you away.

we have cared for wifes parents,they live with us,we lost her mum year or so back,but kids were very cose.

but i imagine a lot older than yours.

but youngest,daughter 19 felt it,think she told them more than us.

just have to be there for them,if they want to talk,talk,if not your still there,your still the one certainty in life for them.

got to shoot,take wife to,work.

tez

cheers teecee,could not have dug bigger hole .

No hole. I just dont thing you can see the wood for the trees.

like you said i think times have changed they can gamble without being penalised.

There is no gamble. But they WILL use the system to their advantage, if you let them.

nothing wrong with different views,have little debate and right thing emerges.

You can only do whats right for you.

i may be wrong,usually am,but i thought i read somewhere that if you had judgement they could only ask for setaside,could not ask for stay.

what would setaside mean?

It means exactly that. Its set aside ( NFA ) to allow them to appeal against it.

But they wont, its to costly for them. Thats my WHOLE point.

if you get suspension .i do

understand what your saying.

If you get a suspension. There will be no STAY. Your case wont even go in front of a judge.

:smile: :smile: CHOCKIE

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

cheers teecee,for someone who has had their last word it gos on a bit.but very glad you have much appreciated indeed.

theres a lot of bloody trees from where i have been standing,but there dissapearing now

.when you dont know something and definatley dont understand,some can catch on quick,some have to have it knocked in.you can tell what bracket im in.

the most common quote on the site must be..... sorry to sound thick.....just means exsplain it like i am 10.you have just done that over a few posts.

im floor layer,you want to lay your own floor,and im exsplaining on computer ,if i said right to do your floor you need ,d.p.m.,latex screed,primer,flexible adhesive,flexible grout and tiles then if you want design, a cad drawing done.then try and tell you how to lay it all.some would pick it up others wont,god forbid if someone else gives advice and says i think primer should go before d.p.m.spanner in works.conflickting advice.

balls, all im saying is i understnd this post completely because i know.

what i dont know and have 3 grand riding on it makes it harder so it needs to be knocked in,you have done that thanks.

the saint agreeing with you is good also.

wouldnt go on but theres not a lot happening on site.

will go to court on monday see about suspension.

thanks again t.c.keep rattling.