Next Directory, help required please.

VikkiB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6046 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Yas,

Seems as though we're all pretty much in the same boat with Next - my link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/98141-next-default.html anyone know how I link it with the title??

Can you give me the details for the regulators please Yas?

Also, I notice that Next defaulted me after only 2 late payments, is this in their T&C's??

Good luck to all and long may Next keep tripping over themselves :D

pinky :p x

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i am in the same situation with next, Moorcroft have taken over the debt and they have told me that they cannot supply a signed credit agreement, i have rung Next and they have also confirmed that they cannot supply me with a copy of the credit agreement, moorcroft have said that they cannot legally chase me for the debt but i still have to pay it? is this right? thanks lorraine

Hi i am in the same situation with next, Moorcroft have taken over the debt and they have told me that they cannot supply a signed credit agreement, i have rung Next and they have also confirmed that they cannot supply me with a copy of the credit agreement, moorcroft have said that they cannot legally chase me for the debt but i still have to pay it? is this right? thanks lorraine

No it isnt, if no agreement then they cannot force you to pay, end of story.

In addition the threat to force you to pay under the pretext that they already know that you do not have a binding CCA agreement or contract is contrary to section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 which (if I rember correctly) says that it is illegal to puport to another that they owe a sum of money under contract whaen you now that is not the case.

Dont bother ringing Next or Moorcroft they both know what the score is they are just trying to frighten you into paying. I would write to Moorcroft stating that any further action by them is harassment and quoting the law, you will be writing an official complaint to them regarding the matter expecting a result within the statutory time scale ie six weeks after that you will report them to the FSA. Thats what I did with Westcott regarding another matter they sent it back to the original lender I suppose hoping that I would drop the matter, but I still sent the complaint into the FSA.

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

:rolleyes:

Hi Pinkerton-Angel.Of course, see info. below. Hope this helps. Just about to read your thread...

Next are members of our Association and we would therefore take this matter up on your behalf. You can either email the information or post to the address below. Please supply as much information as possible.

The Mail Order Traders’ Association

PO Box 51909

London SW99 0WZ

T: 020 7735 3410

W: MOTA - the Mail Order Traders' Association of Great Britain

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

Hi Im just wondering what my next stage with NEXT should be, Ive had the 'no agreement letter' and I sent them a letter which is on this post offering them £15 per month on the condition that no further action is taken, Ive had no reply to this and its was 3 weeks ago, they recently sent me another statement asking for x amount by such a date or it will be handed to a debt collection agency, should i just wait until that happens.

Has anyone else sent the default letter (great letter by the way) that's posted above?

any advise on what to do next?

Thanks

Karen

So, should I send them the copy of the letters I sent Next, the one reply off Next I got, stating they have no credit agreement and hopefully they should then leave us alone? Phew!!

Thanks for your help :)

Edited to add... I'm going to send them the letters etc and put in this covering letter, does this sound okay?

Dear Debt Management,

Please find enclosed all correspondence I have had with Next regarding this matter, they have stated clearly that they have no credit agreement for my account so according to the Consumer Credit Act 1974 they have no method of legally enforcing this debt.

I look forward to receiving your reply regarding this matter.

Yours sincerely,

James walker

Hi, just to update you all, I sent the abover letter to Debt Management and got a reply to them saying they have closed my case and passed it back to Next, this was about two weeks ago, I haven't heard from next again as yet... Thanks for your help everyone, it's been much appreciated. :D

• 2 months later...