Car insurance claim void.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can answer 1 part of this for you. The registered owner/keeper of the vehicle must have the insurance in their name. As the car "technically" belongs to your son (V5 docs in his name) any insurance payout should be payable to him. Was your son the main driver of the vehicle? If so was he named as such on the policy? If not then the insurance company could invalidate the claim on the basis of misrepresentation. Its something all the insurance companies are clamping down on. More commonly known as "fronting" people are insuring their sons/daughters vehicles in their own name and putting them on as named drivers to keep the cost down and most dont realise the impact until trying to claim.

Please dont take this as accusational, just trying to understand a little background into possible reasons why the would reject the claim.

Just adding my opinion here, i agree with the above, sounds like a straight forward fronted risk case.

If the car is registered to the son (i.e V5 in his name) and he is the owner of the car (the finance is in his name) then the insurance should have also been put in his name. Presumably he's only ever been a named driver so isn't probably entitled to his own NCD hence why the policy ended up in the dads name cos he probably has. I have to side with the underwriters on this one and decline the claim based on non-disclosure.

Be interested to see how this one turns out cos there appears to be a lot of different opinions on here.

DA.

• Haha 1

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic