UKPC parking over bay lines

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just joined on the advice of Tameside council. I received a parking fine from UKPC for parking over the bay lines at Ashton Moss Leisure Park, Ashton-Under-Lyne, Lancs. The car park is FREE. Cost me £40 to take kids to cinema and feed them and looks like another £40 for the parking! Can anyone help ?:(

• 2 weeks later...

I've moved your thread to the Parking forum where you will get more help.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Bunny,

Read the sticky at the top of this section as it will help you loads.

Did they put the ticket on the car or did they notify you as the registered keeper by post?

The bottom line is that they could take you to county court to recover their losses for you parking over the lines on the bay, but since it is a free car park, their losses are zero:D and it is unlikely they would go to such lengths.

• 9 months later...

Hello,

i need some advice as to how to progress with a civil Traffic Enforcement notice received allegedly at Ashton Moss Leisure Park - Ashton.

The blue piece of paper that was discovered stuffed down the top of bonnet does not have a warden number specified nor does it indicate where the alleged offence took place. It does have a box ticked that says the vehicle parked out of marked bay.

On receipt of the charge certificate the digital picture that has been taken does not even show clarity of a number plate nor bay markings.

I work away, i have attempted to call a number to speak to someone to resolve but they did not answer.

Why were these people even allowed to contact the DVLA and get my personal details to send this letter? I have not signed a contract with them to allow them to do this.

I need some guidance as the increased fine has just come through letter box!

thanks.

Hi Mouse.

First up its not a fine. Fines are issued by the court for criminal offenses. What you have is a Civil Notice purporting to be something its not. It is an invoice for breach of an alleged contract. The amount involved renders it a Penalty Charge which is illegal under case law in this country. This alleged debt will be persued in the small claims court, if it ever gets that far. The vast majority of cases where people elect to fight do not get to court. If you decide to fight then be aware that you will receive threats, lots of letters etc, even letters from Debt Collection Agencies. They cannot affect your credit rating before you've been to court - all they can do is threaten.

The DVLA allow "authorised" people to purchase our protected data for £2.50 per enquiry. It sucks big time but it is probably better than another remedy (clamping).

You need to have a read of the the stickies at the top of this forum. Read the Private Parking Charges guide and then have a look at the template letters. They will give you a guide on the legality of said invoices and how to proceed.

Don't bother phoning them, its often a premium rate number - put everything in writing.

Ashton Moss has been the subject of few threads on this forum so you could do a search to see that you're not the only one.

My advice would be don't pay these [problem] artists a penny.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First up its not a fine. Fines are issued by the court for criminal offenses.

Thats not strictly true you can be fined for other non criminal matters such as not sending in your tax return on time and regulatory bodies can fine for civil matters also.

G & M,

Pin1onu's answer is not untrue as you say, just not complete. You are of course correct in your wider definition of fines, including statutory civil requirements.

The main point is that private individuals and private companies can't fine you.

Mouse,

My wife received exactly the same off these people at Ashton Moss.

After finding this site we followed the advise. After about two months of letter writing they have it seems, finally given up. Its now been five weeks since we last heard from them.

Follow the template letters and dont give in to the threats that will come.

Best of luck.

I have received a charge certificate from the UKPC. I was parked on an access road leading to the Ashton Moss Leisure Park. There were no lines on the road( which is a double width road) and no signs stating any parking restrictions. The initial letter that was left on my windscreen stated that my parking was causing obstruction. I subsequently took photos of my car which clearly shows no obstruction and on receiving the "charge certificate", the charge has been changed to unauthorised parking. I duely appealed ,sending my photos in with a diagram and measurements of the area. I have now just received a further letter stating that I was parked out of bay and that there are sufficient signs warning vehicle owners that "should they park their vehicle outside of a designated marked bay that this will result in a PCN being issued by post". I object to paying this fine, but it appears that they willsend this to a debt recovery agency if I don't. Are they allowed to do this while this is under appeal, and where do I go from here? Does anyone have any advise?

Just remember that debt collection agency has no more powers than you or I. All they can do is write and ask you for money. Say no either by your silence or use the template letters here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

• 2 years later...

help me please I was driving my boyfriend car legitimately...... and I parked in ash ton moss in Manchester Ashton Leisure Park, Fold Way, Off Lord Sheldon Wa, OL7 0PG lots of shops in the complex please I parked in a disabled point for approximately 20 mins when I came out I received a ticket for £40.00 I know I should of not parked they but do I need to pay it please please help me and I have lost the ticket my help please website address to the company are they legitimate below the fine will go up to £80.00

UK Parking Control - Parking Enforcement Solutions

Please respond asap cannot sleep

help me please I was driving my boyfriend car legitimately...... and I parked in ash ton moss in Manchester Ashton Leisure Park, Fold Way, Off Lord Sheldon Wa, OL7 0PG lots of shops in the complex please I parked in a disabled point for approximately 20 mins when I came out I received a ticket for £40.00 I know I should of not parked they but do I need to pay it please please help me and I have lost the ticket my help please website address to the company are they legitimate below the fine will go up to £80.00

UK Parking Control - Parking Enforcement Solutions

Please respond asap cannot sleep

Don't worry , you have done nothing wrong and you don't owe them a penny. Just ignore them and don't contact the company.

Don't worry , you have done nothing wrong and you don't owe them a penny. Just ignore them and don't contact the company.

thankyou for your help on the matter do you have any further information where i can find out if i dont have to pay them anything for certain i really dont want to take the risk of going to court im very worried about this as its my first offence and im getting rather upset about it , i was thinking maybe citerzons advice or the council or the poilice or trading standards would be able to help me what do you think? and can u recommend any other people i could possibley speak to , ever so greatfull for your help :)

spend a few minutes reading the threads here. there is more than enough information.

ok thankyou but i have read all the info on here and i cant made neither head or tail of ewhat to do so many people saying different things , do u not have any advise further on the matter that you can help me with please i really am confused and worried and this company does not seem like a nice company to try and tackle

ok thankyou but i have read all the info on here and i cant made neither head or tail of ewhat to do so many people saying different things , do u not have any advise further on the matter that you can help me with please i really am confused and worried and this company does not seem like a nice company to try and tackle

I think you will find that everyone on here is saying the same thing - "ignore".

It's a private parking company (PPC) invoice which means it is no different than if I had given you an invoice for £50 for driving past me and I didn't like the colour of your car!

1 Ignore

2 Ignore some more

3 Return to 1

awww thankyou that message also made me chuckle , are u posotive tho because i seriously dont want to end up in court

awww thankyou that message also made me chuckle , are u posotive tho because i seriously dont want to end up in court

Please believe us. We know what we are talking about.

Ignore ignore ignore.

Ignore ignore ignore.

Ignore ignore ignore.

Ignore ignore ignore.

Ignore ignore ignore.

Ignore ignore ignore.

Ignore ignore ignore.

Ignore ignore ignore.

Ignore ignore ignore.

Ignore ignore ignore.

Ignore ignore ignore.

Ignore ignore ignore.