Stitchedup v Creditor and Robinson Way

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help please people, I had a credit card account with company A, debit was then sold to RW, I send SAR to comapny A that informed me that they would send the difference between the £20 and £12 to Robinson Way, even though the debt had been sold to RW. Do I persue the original creditor for the penalty charges even though te debt has been sold, or do I tackle RW? who have today phoned me and offered me 50% full and final on a 6K debt. I'm of the mind to at least reclaim the penalty charge prior to agreeing F&F, but who do I take on?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Hi

I would SAR both and see what they have both taken from you and go after each one separately, look in library for templates it only costs £10 per SAR which you can claim back with the charges.

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong.

Hope this helps:-)

Hi Dave

I will have a read aswell as just been informed by Cap One they have sold my debt to them even though the account was in dispute with Cap One over charges .I will be sending a nice letter to RW when they decide to write to me.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the reply's, I have already sent SAR to credit card company and they have applied approx £400 in charges. When I approached them for repayment they told me that since they had sold the debt to RW that they the card company were not liable to repay and that I should persue the legal owner of the debt. When RW contacted me to offer the 50% F&F I mentioned that a portion of the debt was made up of the charges the guy seemed to have little idea and couldn't get off the phne quick enough. I'm not trying to avoid paying the debt, merely want to make sure I pay the correct amount and also pay the correct creditor.

04:18 ?! help.gif

The original creditor is telling you porkies! nono.gif

lol...........yup, went to bed too early.

So in short I start MCOL against card company? Me thinks they'll want to pay RW which I'm fine with, but maybe better to agree F&F with RW and then go for the £400 plus 8% that will then be payable to me :-) else I'll lose 50% in the F & F.

BTW I share your love for RW hahahaha

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I think you ought to send a complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman, they should be able to throw something at Robinson Way and Capital One, cite both companies on the form and send the letters you have already sent as evidence they have defaulted.

Am doing this for Capital One as 8 week shave gone and not a peek, and I have nine - yes NINE letters after a Notice of Discontinuation was received from them.... nice bit of fodder!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, sent letter asking RW why they hadn't complied with CCA request and asked for copy of complaint procedure, yesterday had two letters from our good friends RW. They noted my comments and have asked their client for a copy of the agreement will take 28 days lol..........strange as they had previously told me that they had bought the debt and upon doing credit check they have indeed registered default with Experian.

I've cancelled standng order and what do/can I do next? Trading Standards ?

advice please Rory et al. (nice letter borrowed from you, many thanks)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi stitchedup,

the 50% off £6k is a nonsense offer, I am expecting to agree a F&F S of £300 for a debt of £1600 (subject to CCA) which is significantly less than 50%

I am having problems with rwc/sharkleycard over the bank charges issue also, rwc will get nothing from me until i am refunded the charges or they are removed from the total rwc balance. Due to this dispute and thier; shall we say forceful approach to thier work, they have been reported to Trading Standards, financial services authority, office of fair trading and financial ombudsman - I plan to see my MP end of the month

my thread is: Eddownrobway07 vs Robinson Way & Co if your interested

Kind Regards

DownEm

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody got any advice on why they registered default as a catalogue debt and not credit card debt or should I say alledged debt. BTW I've had no further contact be it phone or mail since I stopped standing order back in July.

• 2 months later...

Robinson way have really stooped now, had a letter today from Chase Debt, funny thing was it had the same address as Robinson Way, same fax number but an 0161 tel number, not the normal 0870.

Funny thing was, the signature at the bottom of the letter was the same as the signature on Robinson Way letters.

Same stripey envelope to boot.

How pathetic !!!!

Anyone else had the same tactic?

Many thanks

Stitchedup