Ladidi V Abbey

Ladidi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. :D Myself and my husband started our claim against the abbey last August 2006. It took them till the new year 2007 to finally send our bank statements. Anyway I worked out they owed us just under £5.5k

We sent them a letter and gave them a print out of all charges and interest they owed us.

At the start of Easter Holidays they paid into our account £235. :o

I was not happy and fired off another letter asking them to review this and would not accept this paltry ammount for ammount they had taken off us.

It is now a couple more days to go and then end of 8 week deadline that the ombudsman set for them reply.

I was by a member of their staff a couple of weeks ago they was looking into my claim they would be in touch in due course, turns out that they have not even looked at it :-x

They inform me they have a backlog and there is no way you can talk to those concerned becuase they have no phones where the staff are working and if they are bogged down with phone calls they will not be able to deal with the complaints!!

I argue that they did not allow me to give them such delay tactics when they had taken the money in the first place what right do they have to do this to me?

They answer with silence and nothing we can do you will have to wait!

I have threatened to take them to court and include bank charges to the ammount due, the thing is I cannot afford to take them to court :(

But I sure as hell would like my money back they took from me a whole lot sooner than they are taking at the moment.

Any ideas anyone???????

Ladidi

Ladidi

Hi and welcome!

Have a look at the FAQ's and step by step guide and follow the recommendations there (prelim letter then LBA). Sadly it's Abbey and the reality is that you'll have to follow the court route because they delay a lot, probably in the hope that people will give up! It will cost you to go to court, but you can claim the costs (plus interest at 8%) once you go to court and you'll get it back when you win.

I think that there are some circumstances that the court fee is waived, as I said, have a look around the site, you'll get lots of information and plenty of support.

I hope you decide to carry on, good luck!

Guest ChloeJane

Hi,

After speaking in chat my thoughts are that it can be a slow process going that way.

I would step it up and send the Letter before action.(if you have already done it and then gone to the ombudsman - send it again!)

I would send them the letter before action which gives them 14 days.

A link is here.3. Letter before action - Consumer version - asking for it back

Send the letter off and wait the 14 days!

You can choose to wait for them to contact you as in their letter, it depends on whether you are pro active or re active to how you deal with them.

You were concerned about fees- Below is a link to fee exemption and you don't have to be on benefits - you just need to prove hardship - so I would fill it out and see what happens as you have nothing to lose.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/H...fl ets_id=172

N1 at your local court.

4. Particulars of claim - N1 - hard copy version

So.........my thoughts are as above - send of the Letter before action - then come back and do the N1 ready and make sure you file for fee exemption. You can file the N1 and fee exemption form at the same time.

The worst they will say is no - then you will have at least exhausted one avenue - but usually courts are sympathetic to hardship financially.

That should keep you reading and informed for the next step after the letter.

Good luck and if you need help look me up in the chat room!