bcw v me mrs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have just got a letter through the post this morning telling me its the final notice . got this after i sent out a c.c.a request with a quid and have heard nothing . have just phoned them at there glasgow office and been told that they have thousands of accounts and that they cant deal with that letter on its own . and that they wont be sending off my c.c.a . CAN ANYONE HELP ME ?

Someone may want to step in and correct me here, but no CCA = no debt.

If the 12 days have passed, I think you can safely start ignoring them. It's highly unlikely they'll come up with the CCA anyway so it might be a good idea to do nothing. It's now become their problem, not yours.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

CHEERS . woman on the phone was a right c*w . i phoned to remind them that they have a few more days to come up with the c.c.a but all she kept asking was for the mrs and that they wouldnt be speaking to me . gonna look for the right letter to send now and send that and a phone letter off to them all at once and see wot happens

BCW like to pretend that the rules don't apply to them. I have recently dealt with a case involving them for a client, and BCW regularly breached the OFT guidelines. They also lied on several occasions, and generally behaved in an utterly unprofessional and inappropriate manner - in most cases I suspect that lack of intellectual ability rather than intent was behind this.

Whilst speaking to them on the phone I regularly had to remind them that I was an appointed adviser and thus unimpressed by their empty threats and risibly inaccurate interpretation of the law.

I would certainly advise individuals not to engage in telephone conversation with them. Do everything in writing and be persistent. Send everything recorded delivery and enclose copies of anything earlier you refer to (for their 'ease of reference' - then they can't claim to have lost or not received it). I invariably include in my first letter a statement to the effect that I will only deal with DCAs in writing 'for the avoidance of misunderstanding and evidential purposes'.

I would also recommend complaining under the new FOS scheme if they breach OFT guidelines.

I had a run in with BCW.

I'm on a CCCS plan for a Natwest debt held by them although I now requested my CCA and SAR as I *think* this may be for overdraft charges of £493. I sent the CCA to BCW and the SAR to Natwest.

I did this and sent the £1, BCW now say the £1 was wrong and the fee under the CCA (for the CCA request NOT the SAR- I realise this is £10) and did I know I could go to prison for not sending the correct fee?!

Chancers!

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.