Claim STAYED - HELP PLEASE....

querkyone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did they charge you??

I would go back if they did and ask for it back as the order specifically states you have 7 days to respond and request it to be set aside........

Further to the email I sent earlier, I have just faxed a letter of rejection to DG and will recorded post it tomorrow.

READS:

17th May 2007

DG SOLICITORS

12 Calthorpe Road

Edgbaston

Birmingham

B15 1QZ

Re: County Court Claim Number xxxxxxx

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for your letter dated 15 May 2007. I respectfully decline your offer of £xxxx.xx as settlement of my claim.

My claim is for £xxxx.xx as outlined in my Particulars of Claim, including court costs of £120.00 and daily interest accruing at xx pence per day and this claim will continue until payment is made in full.

I wish to point out that your assertion of part of my claim falling outside that allowed by the Limitations Act 1980 is denied. As stated in the Limitations Act 1980:

32.--

• (1) .... where in the case of any action for which a period of limitation is prescribed by this Act, either-
    • (a) the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or
    • (b) any fact relevant to the plaintiff's right of action has been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or
    • © the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake;

Your client does not and will not allow full disclosure of true costs in respect of this claim. Having become aware of this from numerous report in the media and by the OFT, I believe your client has acted in a way to deliberately conceal the facts and as such the Limitations Act 1980 does NOT apply to this claim.

Furthermore, your clients costs are NOT properly and fully disclosed.

Should you wish to settle my claim in full, then please forward the balance of the claim (£xxxx.xx, plus xxp per day until settled) without further conditions and I will inform the court that the claim is settled.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully"

Thoughts anyone? I guess they've seen this before, just stating to them I am not happy and want all that is owed and not a penny less!

Querky

Initial Letter 23/12/06

LBA 14/01/07

MCOL 1/3/07

Acknowledged 3/3/07

Defended 27/03/07

Transferred 3/4/07

Stay Ordered 27th April

Stay Set Aside 14th May

COURT DATE 5th JUNE 2007

Waiting on offer just under £5K

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

holy cow!!!! whats with all the html ????

btw nice one querky, my bets are u'll get the lot :D

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Hi querky,

No i didn't pay. The clerk referred to one of her superiors who was very heated about it! Her words were "the stay has been awarded. If you want that set aside, you have to submit N244 (not sure if thats the right number) and pay the fee". I explained several times and quoted several instances of previous claims having it set aside without charges, plus the 7 days to respond part. She then informed me i have 7 days to object to the judges order. i could do that for free. i eventually managed to settle on that!

I therefore didn't pay. Hoping to hear something soon.

Regards

MA

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.

yes, i just found that out myself - it costs more if you are asking for something to be done - but if you are responding it doesn't.

or like an amendment - if you've notified the solicitor that you are amending it costs less than if you haven't notified them. who'd be a lawyer?????

Indeed Pete,

The clock is ticking for THEM, not me, which is why I am confident to send the rejection, knowing the only have another two weeks to up their offer or come to court - which they won't. So for me it is a win-win situation

Querky

Initial Letter 23/12/06

LBA 14/01/07

MCOL 1/3/07

Acknowledged 3/3/07

Defended 27/03/07

Transferred 3/4/07

Stay Ordered 27th April

Stay Set Aside 14th May

COURT DATE 5th JUNE 2007

Hi querky,

I'm following with interest. I had a 'Notice of Hearing' from the court today. My court date is set for early July, so my stay was set aside also :D .

Am hoping i start hearing from DG soon!

Good luck.

MA

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.

• 2 weeks later...

All - update as not been around for a week or so.

Got a second letter from DG stating they will not up their offer due to some 'charges' being outside limitiations act etc. With just 1 week to go I have rejected, hoping they indeed do not turn up at court or make me an offer just before. They stated in both letters that their charges are published etc.

In my rejection I have stated Limitiation Act 1980 does not count as their "Costs" are not published and they have concealed - thus making limitiations act void.

They are playing hardball and I am playing hardball back - I think this is one where the one who blinks first looses! And I sure as hell am not going to blink. Don't really need the money, it's a principle thing, so willing to take it right to the highest court in land if I have to - just wish they would understand that and then they would realise they can't really win.

Court Date is 05 June 07, so next Tuesday. I actually can't wait.

Querky

Initial Letter 23/12/06

LBA 14/01/07

MCOL 1/3/07

Acknowledged 3/3/07

Defended 27/03/07

Transferred 3/4/07

Stay Ordered 27th April

Stay Set Aside 14th May

COURT DATE 5th JUNE 2007

They are playing hardball and I am playing hardball back - I think this is one where the one who blinks first looses! And I sure as hell am not going to blink. Don't really need the money, it's a principle thing, so willing to take it right to the highest court in land if I have to - just wish they would understand that and then they would realise they can't really win.

Querky

I got first shout on it, please send to Celicaman A@.............

:D

Good luck

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Well as you got in first, who am I to complain......

Or I could just use it for a nice holiday to the Maldives.....

Hmmmm, now which should I choose - give to Celicaman

or have a nice long 3 week holiday???

This will be difficult to answer - Maybe I should ask DG what their

thoughts are

;) ;) ;):razz: :razz: :D

Initial Letter 23/12/06

LBA 14/01/07

MCOL 1/3/07

Acknowledged 3/3/07

Defended 27/03/07

Transferred 3/4/07

Stay Ordered 27th April

Stay Set Aside 14th May

COURT DATE 5th JUNE 2007

Hang in there Querky, your looking good, oh and make it 2 weeks and I will come to the Maldives too

pete

Hey, Get to the back of the que boy

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Hi querky glad you are almost at the end of the road, it seems this is their new ploy..... a couple of people have had similar the past few days........so am expecting them to use the same tactics on me..........ps I would settle for a weekend in skegness(not being the greedy type):)

rockin all over the world

Castle and Celica, sorry guys, but much as I would probably enjoy Maldives with you guys getting drunk and all that, I have to say that an offer with a fine lady of Auburngreeneyes in Skegness wins hands down.

And NO, don't promise you will weear short skirts etc, it won't work.

ALL,

Just a thought, Tuesday (5th June 07) is listed as a Hearing for Directions.

Do you think I need a FULL court bundle for this or a slightly cut down version??

Guessing I won't need anything as they won't turn up, but lack of preparation is to prepare to fail and all that malarky.

Querky

Initial Letter 23/12/06

LBA 14/01/07

MCOL 1/3/07

Acknowledged 3/3/07

Defended 27/03/07

Transferred 3/4/07

Stay Ordered 27th April

Stay Set Aside 14th May

COURT DATE 5th JUNE 2007

Castle and Celica, sorry guys, but much as I would probably enjoy Maldives with you guys getting drunk and all that, I have to say that an offer with a fine lady of Auburngreeneyes in Skegness wins hands down.

And NO, don't promise you will weear short skirts etc, it won't work.

Well pete, we been rumbled, looks like we gotta find another to sink hooks into to pay the ride, got any more victims lined up

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Have tried one final attempt to get settlement from them via email.

Court date is Tuesday next week (5th June 07), thoughts anyone??

"Miss Tomlinson.

With the pending case to be heard at 12.00pm on 05th June 2007 at Gloucester County Court,

I am writing to you in a final attempt to settle this matter to save time and costs.

The amount presently being claimed is – with interest and court costs - £xxxx.xx.

With a view to settling this as mentioned above, I would be willing to accept

£XXXX.00. I will agree to bringing no further action concerning bank charges between the

Dates of xx/xx/2000 and xx/xx/2005 if you agree to this amount.

If you agree, could you arrange for this to be paid directly in my bank account held with your client

HSBC Bank PLC.

Further to the impending case being a matter of days away, would you agree your anticipated agreement

To the above can be communicated via EMAIL and TELEPHONE call?

I will not accept any form of negotiation via the above means, but purely for you to communicate

Your acceptance of my proposal.

I can be contacted on this email address and also via xxxxxx or xxxxxx

Sincerely

Querky"

Initial Letter 23/12/06

LBA 14/01/07

MCOL 1/3/07

Acknowledged 3/3/07

Defended 27/03/07

Transferred 3/4/07

Stay Ordered 27th April

Stay Set Aside 14th May

COURT DATE 5th JUNE 2007

One word - WON!

The email sent above worked.

Just received following email from Lovely Kate Eaves that states:

"

Dear Sir

Querkyone -v- HSBC Bank plc

Gloucester County Court Claim Number: XXXXXXXX

Small Claims Hearing - 5th June 2007 @ 12.00pm

We acknowledge receipt of your email of even date.

Having considered your claim with our client, we are advised that our client will settle the amount sought, within your email below, upon a commercial basis with no admission as to liability. Upon this basis, our client has today applied credit funds to your account, Sort Code - Account Number, in the sum of XXX0.00. The sum paid to your account represents settlement of your claim upon a full and final basis for the period claimed, 12th July 2000 to 26th March 2005 inclusive. The funds, whilst applied to your account today, will not show upon your account until the next business day i.e. Monday 4th June 2007, although the credit date will be recorded as 1st June 2007.

We consider that your claim against our client is now concluded. In this respect, and in view of the close proximity of the small claims hearing, please kindly inform the Court that your claim has been settled in order that the Court file may be marked as concluded and the hearing scheduled for Tuesday 5th June 2007 may be vacated. Please kindly confirm to us that this is the case once you are satisfied that funds have been credited to your account as advised.

Yours faithfully

DG SOLICITORS"

YES, Friday night too!

Feels like a celebration coming on here!

Initial Letter 23/12/06

LBA 14/01/07

MCOL 1/3/07

Acknowledged 3/3/07

Defended 27/03/07

Transferred 3/4/07

Stay Ordered 27th April

Stay Set Aside 14th May

COURT DATE 5th JUNE 2007

we're all going to maldives, we're all going to maldives la la la la Hey, la la la la laa

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won