court date tommorow! (25th April)

zonecrew
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote a Data Protection Act request letter on the 9th June requesting statements freom my now closed down TSB credit card account. On 21st June I received a letter back from the Birmingham branch (possibly their customer relations dept??) advising me that as it is a historical account then they have no details of me!?! and I should contact Brighton direct (no address of Brighton given)

So, the same day I drafted another letter and sent it this time to Penny Berryman in London as i guessed she is the person who should really sort this out. too date (15/07/06) I have had no acknowledgement back from her! i emailed her today and will await her reply however what i want to know really is when is it the time when i should be considering contacting the info commisioner?

is it 40 days after i sent my first letter or my second given that i have sent them to different departments

The reply you had was probably from the statement production unit at Birmingham. I have the same problem and they suggested contacting:

Lloyds/TBS Bank PLC

Card Services Dept

Sussex House

1-9 Gloucester Place

Brighton

BN1 4BE.

If you want to try the phone first, try 0800 096 2687. It's actually the lost/stolen card section but when I tried them and explained that I was trying to trace an account number they were very helpful, and can put you through to customer services.

Customer services themselves is 0870-0106622 which is why I used the 0800 number.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

When you sent the first letter to Birmingham, did you enclose the £10 payment?

What did the do with it?

Posted first class on the 9th June and yes it did include the 10pound payment. They sent everything back to me along with a post it note stuck onto my letter advising me to contact Brighton. I received this on the 21st June.

I would return everything to the Brighton address advising them that the clock started from the 9th June. Give them 7 days and advise them that if you are not satisfied in that time then you will report them to the Information Commissioner.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Hi

I sent a Data Protection letter at the start of June. I got a response within 2 weeks saying basically yes I could have copies of my statements but could I sign and return letter agreeing to £10 being debited from my account for doing so...I noticed that it said they have 40 days to fulfill request dated from the date the £10 is deducted.I waited amd waited for £10 to be deducted and then rang and sent email saying that they were stalling. I got everything the next day and an email and phone call apologising for delay.

I sent my letter requsting a refund with a schedule of charges and interest for just under £2000 on 10th July and I am counting the days:) .......

Good luck to everyone!

Lloyds TSB Claim £1982.71

1st letter 01.06.06

2nd letter 10.07.06

LBA 24.07.06

Moneyclaim 07.08.06

Acknowledgment of service 18.08.06

28 days and counting....:D

I would return everything to the Brighton address advising them that the clock started from the 9th June. Give them 7 days and advise them that if you are not satisfied in that time then you will report them to the Information Commissioner.

Would you do this even though I have already sent a DPA request to Penny Berryman in London? I could end up with two requests ongoing, being charged double for the statements. I have emailed her but not sure if she will reply back or not.......think i will wait a few more days

You have sent the SAR you have included the money now the clock is ticking away . If you have not heard anything 14 days before the 40 days are up send them a reminder that they have 14 days left to comply with your SAR or you will start an action for non compliance , head your letter LETTER BEFORE ACTION .

We would usually say write a reminder 7 days before but in this case I would give them 14 days .Also do not send the LBA unless you are actually prepared to start a claim for non compliance , never threaten anything that you are not prepared to carry out .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 1 month later...

I am having big problems with Lloyds TSB as they are refusing to acknowledge that I had a credit card after 1999, even though I did and they even defaulted me in 2002.....!!

Since the beginning of June I have sent several letters to various departments in the company trying to locate my archived statements, I thought I had cracked it when I got in touch with a Miss Ayres from the DSAR Team, only to be fobbed off again.

After advice taken from this site I sent her a non-compliance letter (for info not received) and offered them 14 days to send me my info. I intend to give them until after the bank holiday weekend to reply (14 days are up on the 25/08/06) but I am unsure as how to progress after this date.

Should I estimate the amount and send a prelim letter........then again I do not even know how much TSB charged for late payments and for being over the overdraft limit between June 2000 and October 2002

Any help would be welcome

cheers

Hi,

alanfromderby ad similar problems with his bank, maybe his thread can provide some help?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/2434-alanfromderby-abbey.html

Sorry I can't be of more help but I have no real legal knowledge I'm afraid.

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

Cheers mate

yes it is a bit similar but I do not know my old account number so cannot hit them with a court order for an estimated amount. would welcome any further advice, particulary from a mod as this is a fairly new situation (i think??)

Is this a Bank Account or a credit card? I wasn't aware that Credit Cards charged overdraft fees.

Its a credit card, my mistake.......it should have read 'exceeding credit limit fee'

cheers tinkerbelle

Did you send them a Data Protection Act Request?

If so then thent are in breach and that can have serious consequences for them.

There is shed loads of information about this type of problem on the Information Commissioners Website.

Look here. Of particular interest are the links at the bottom of the page that take you to several leaflets that have been written in plain english.

There is even on there called Your rights and how to enforce them :o :rolleyes:

Good Luck

Anyone know which DCA's LLoyds TSB Credit Card Operations use, or would have used in 2002??

bit of a long shot but if I can contact the DCA's who TSB instructed to recover the money I owed them then I may be able to trace my account (PAN) number.

ugh its on the tip of my tounge so to speak lol and i cannot for life of me remember who! i know they first instrcut their solictors and then it passes to someone, if i remember i will post it straight away - hopefully someone will come along in the meantime and help you!

Anyone know which DCA's LLoyds TSB Credit Card Operations use, or would have used in 2002??

bit of a long shot but if I can contact the DCA's who TSB instructed to recover the money I owed them then I may be able to trace my account (PAN) number.

I think they use Aktiv Capital a fair bit of the time.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• 5 months later...

I'm due at court on 25th April against LLoyds TSB. The prospect of sorting out my court bundle for a claim just over £200 is nagging at me, although i will do it if need be.

Is it worth writing to SC&M in an attempt to settle before court, for the whole amount bearing in mind the number of claims that they have won (none!) Everyone knows they are just abusing the system.....:mad:

If so, do I have to copy a letter to the court? Any guidance on what i should include, or should I just forget about doing it and get on with my bundle?

• 2 months later...

Hi

Sorry to spring this at short notice but my court date is tommorow against Lloyds TSB. I have sent my court bundles off in good time and sent the non-compliance letters off as i have received nothing back from their solicitors.

I have not received any charges back and as i am not a customer of them anymore they cannot deposit money into my account, i dont expect me to be the first case they've defended (for 250quid!) but what will happen tommorow if i turn up and they dont (as i'm expecting)

i've tried ringing them but constantly engaged!