Its my fault

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well Im posting on be half of my partner. He has always had an account with the Halifax that has run in the red. The charges he has received in the last 6 years are totally his own fault due to not managing his money properly and spending more than he has. I dont understand if he would be intitled to claim for the charges. Can anyone help???

Of course he can claim the charges back. Have a look round the site and read the FAQ's and guide to reclaiming your charges. He can claim the charges back on the basis that the charges were a penalty rather than a true reflection of the banks cost. Penalty charges are unlawful in common law.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I think the issue is more the amount the banks are charging. The charges in no way reflect their costs, and inflict undue financial problems upon us. We have all made mistakes, and perhaps lived beyond our means, often through necessity, mainly because most of our money was taken in charges in the first place.

good luck.