Emma V Abbey

elmwilliams
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I've just submitted my MCOL (FINALLY!! had personal problems, so this got put on the back burner) which is being reviewed before being accepted. The details are:

£ 2,572.00 charges (Oct-2001 to May-2005) £ 871.46 interest at 8% from date of charge £ 120.00 court fees £ 0.76 interest per day from date of MCOL claim

This is for 2 Abbey accounts (1 joint, 1 in my name only) that were held by me and my husband, but which are both now closed.

Wish me luck... :)

Emma

First Direct £625 - SETTLED :D

Jul 2006

Settled in full Jul 2006

Abbey #1&2 £2,692 & £871.46 interest - IN PROGRESS :(

S.A.R's - sent 27 Jul 2006

Statements recieved 10 Nov 2006 onwards (dribs and drabs)

Request for refund sent and refused Nov 2006 and Mar 2007

MCOL commenced 24 Apr 2007

Abbey acknowledged then submitted defence 22 May 2007

Being transferred to local court...

Good luck and welcome Emma, it sounds like you have read up and know what you are doing, so any questions, come back to us and there is usually someone around to help

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi all,

Well my claim has now been accepted and officially issued :D . My next question is... when and where do I send my schedule of charges and interest? Will I recieve a request for it from someone or should I send it to the court address on the Claim Form? Or is it too early and will someone ask for it later?

I can't find the answer to this - am probably looking in the wrong places :???:

Many Thanks,

Emma

Jul 2006

Settled in full Jul 2006

Hi, wait until it has been allocated to your local court and then you can either post it, clearly marked with your name, address, and claim number or you can send it mcol in northampton with your claim number and they will pass it on, personally, i would favour the first option

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update...

Abbey have now acknowledged my claim, so buying themselves a bit longer to respond. Their deadline to defend or admit is now 21st May 2007.

Should I expect a defence then - from what I've seen this seems to be their usual practise. I take it that when they submit a defence I'll be contacted and advised the case has been sent to my local court and that is where I should send my supporting evidence i.e. schedule of charges?

Thanks,

Emma

Jul 2006

Settled in full Jul 2006

Have you not had anything yet saying that the case has been trasferred? if you havnt, ring Northampton and see what is happening and when they transfer, send all your stuff, clearly marked with name, address, case ref to your local court, try and do this before they submit a defence, otherwise it could delay matters, when you receive the acknowledgement from Abbey, send them your spreadsheet also

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

• 2 weeks later...

Right, Abbey have now filed a defence and posted me a copy. Should I type it up and post it here or not?

I did previously contact the Northampton / MCOL courts as you suggested Lula and they said...

"If the defendant in your claim files a defence, it will be transferred to your local court to be listed for a hearing. At this point you would receive correspondence with the court of transfer details, you can then send your supporting documentation to them."

The following is from my MCOL, so I think I should prepare my court bundle ready for my local court... again, will they ask for it or do I just send everything, as soon I know where it's been allocated? Do I send copies to the Abbey too - I think I'm supposed to? Lastly, and sorry for stupid q's, is the court bundle everything listed within the court zip file available within this site (obviously amended with my details) or is it only certain things, peculiar to each case?

You are unable to take any further action online on this claim.

The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly.

Jul 2006

Settled in full Jul 2006

Right, Abbey have now filed a defence and posted me a copy. Should I type it up and post it here or not?

I did previously contact the Northampton / MCOL courts as you suggested Lula and they said...

"If the defendant in your claim files a defence, it will be transferred to your local court to be listed for a hearing. At this point you would receive correspondence with the court of transfer details, you can then send your supporting documentation to them."

The following is from my MCOL, so I think I should prepare my court bundle ready for my local court... again, will they ask for it or do I just send everything, as soon I know where it's been allocated? Do I send copies to the Abbey too - I think I'm supposed to? Lastly, and sorry for stupid q's, is the court bundle everything listed within the court zip file available within this site (obviously amended with my details) or is it only certain things, peculiar to each case?

You are unable to take any further action online on this claim.

The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly.

This link will help here regarding MCOL and the transfer.

The court bundle information from Bookworm contain the majority of what you need less your personal information/documents. All the listed item are available on the site. You will need to submit your bundle 14 days before your court date, so I would hold off until you have a court date.

hi, just get reading on what to do. You don't need to produce a court bundle yet but you need to read up on the info you need. Have look at the top of the abbey forum under "got a court date" and "abbey abuse orders"

Theres also a draft order which you can include. If the court grants this order both you and the defendant have provide documents (in your case the court bundle and for the bank proof of costs) within 14 days I'll post the links for you letter.