Jules1973 v Abbey

jules1973
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

jules1973 viewpost.gif

Do you think it matters that I didnt put a time limit on it? Bit worried now I have cocked up. No one has read the emails yet anyway. But I will keep you all posted

if you didnt put a time limit on it, when you have had enough of waiting for them, i would email them quoting the last email and say due to their non response the offer has now been withdrawn, it is not an open ended offer then

:madgrin:

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It took Ronan two weeks to reply to my email to settle and then he came back with an offer of 80% which is too low as it doesn't even cover the cost of my charges - I want at least charges and court cost (I would have waived the interest at that stage).

Have now received my case management date of 17th September - so not going to bother contacting them anymore - they are so difficult to deal with... They are also wasting so much of the Abbey's money by taking cases all the way - complete madness!

I hope you have better success.

LS123

Hi LS123

This was going to be my only time of offering to settle prior to court date. if they give us what we asked for, we will get all charges & court costs back plus £100.00 interest.

Hopefully your judge will be as nice as the one at Southend. Good Luck

ICY,

thanks for your post, i will email them again in 14 days withdrawing the offer (if they havent responded or come back with some stupid offer).

Hi cherryblossiom

I have not heard a peep out of them. Didnt expect to, to be honest. I will give them 14 days then I will email them withdrawing my offer and will go for the full amount.

I have just put a post on your thread re the WOP question you posed

It seems a lot of the judges are asking for pre-lim meetings and doing away with the AQ stage, knowing that Abbey will settle. This must be a big boost for everyone, and will hopefully encourage more people to claim their money back.

Hubby's friend has asked me to do his claim for him, and due to the lovely people here, I feel confident enough to help him out, and then hope in turn he will help out others.

OMG just realised I now have gold account status (probably only time in my life that i will):D

Thats how i ended up doing 14 of the buggers, because i knew after months of research before i even started my own claim, that i can do it, the family saw i could do it and wanted all their claims sorting out.

Cant believe i turned platinum few days ago, guess i dont know when to shut up lol

:madgrin:

I have twigged why no-one had sent back a read receipt to my email on Monday offering to settle, I put ashurts not ashurst in the email address. DONUT.

Have resent it, this time I have put a time limit on the offer of 14 days. Must of done it right this time as I had the out of office reply from Inga and both Clare Fletcher & ICY’s favourite person have read it (he read it straight away, so he obviously has nothing better to do), probably making paper aeroplanes out of our emails, flying them out the window so he can genuinely say that he does not have them in his broom cupboard office.

Wonder if I get back from a weekend away to find a letter on my mat offering to settle. (Oh Well, a girl can dream I suppose).

Lol Julie!!! Well atleast you were able to amend your email 2nd time around!! Im sure Shabbey have nothing better to do!!! Im sure your email will make them take notice its a good letter!! I do hope they settle for you!! :)

Well done on your gold status too!!!! hehe

Hugo

Cheers Hugo

I bet they have power meetings each day, deciding on the best way to pee us all off. trouble is, they will run out of ideas soon. I bet they will be glad when everyone in the country has finished claiming their charges back.

Nice getting gold status, trouble is, it shows I spend too much time talking :) .

Found a great Smiley yesterday on Smiley central. I wanted to send it to Abbey, but didnt know if their computers had speakers as it says "Kiss my Ass in an extremley loud voice", which is what a lot of us would like to say to them.;)

Thanks Julie!!! :)

My household recently switched to broadband - its been alot cheaper!! Although alot of companies only look after you and give you great deals because you are a new customer and then when they have you as a customer they put their prices up as they think you cant be bothered to switch companies!!

Jules defo go for broadband :-D Feel free to pm me if you are concidering going on BB, as there are loads of offers, i may be able to point you in the right direction as the subtle differences between different providers :) (avoiding their rip offs aswell ;))

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]Reka [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/93120-reka-abbey-court.html[/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html[/URL] [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4]Abbey *WON IN COURT* £2775[/SIZE][SIZE=1](awaiting payment) [/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Tahoma]Warrant of Execution filed 22/06/07[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma]***Warrant Issued 22nd June 2007***[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=red]PAID IN FULL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAaoRr8H5c[/URL]

Hi Folks

Update .....

Received in post this morning a Notice of Transfer of Proceedings – case has been moved to Southend County Court. Also received General Form of Judgment or Order – Claim is to be placed before District Judge Dudley for directions (who is the Judge that dealt with the claimants at Southend last week. Told Hubby and he is pleased as hearing what people put last week, it seems Judge Dudley is on the side of the Claimants. (lets hope it makes Abbey settle in full.

Kev

Sorry I didn’t reply earlier to your question, I was away for a much needed long weekend. Nope I haven’t heard anything from Abbey, and having found out that the nice judge at Southend will be dealing with our case, I will be sending them a letter next Thursday telling them that we are withdrawing our offer and that we will now see them in court.

Update

Just received this email from Inga

"Without prejudice"

Thank you for your email, I am however instructed to reject your counter offer.

Kind regards,

Inga Kirkman

Senior Associate

Solicitor, NSW

This was my response to her

“Without Prejudice”

Dear Ms Kirkman

Thank you for your response.

I will therefore now wait to receive further instructions/court date from District Judge Dudley of Southend County Court (where my claim has been transferred to), whereby I will be seeking to claim no less than the full amount (including court costs & interest).

I look forward to the court date.

Yours faithfully,

Oh Julie what a shame - they really are the hardest to deal with..

Out of interest what percentage did you offer them - I did 93% and they accepted - although it took a couple of weeks for them to reply to me, and I haven't actually had the money yet!

I offered to settle for 85% + the 2% I had already received off them. In a strange way I am glad they rejected it, as it has been transferred to Southend where a lot of the claimants went last week for an Allocation Hearing and the judge was apparantly nice and on our side, so that cant be bad. Besides, they have had enough chances to settle, so now we are going to go for the full amount.

A few people that went to the hearing last week have had their claims paid in full already, so fingers crossed.

hello all - just jumping in with the percentages.. I was offered 78% settlement, which I kindly declined.. and went in with a counter offer of 84%.. which they refused.. I have now stopped negotiations.. is 100% plus wasted costs.. or nothing!! :eek:

deadline for them to submit their bundle is friday.. court date 10th aug!

fingers crossed - not much longer now!