Carphone warehouse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a phone purchased from carphone warehouse on contract with O2.

Half way through contract was invited by carphone W. to come and pick free upgrade handset. At the store guy i spoke to said I was on wrong tariff he looked at my bills and said i could save money if I changed. I took his advice got my new handset and was now on Contract with3G. I am now getting letters from debt agency for money owed to O2. I truly thought this was all sorted by carphone W. I have not made any calls on my O2 phone since I changed but they say this is line rental. I feel really conned because I was persuaded to change by Carphone W. Is there anything I can do

Sorry, this is a little off topic, but I think provides a reasonable account of the kind of customer service you might expect from this company:

Carphone Warehouse leaves caller hanging on telephone | The Register

and

Carphone Warehouse 0870 [problem] exposed... - Google Video

-------------------

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Abbey - Won Charges Refund of £1050 - Nov 06

Egg - Recovered £220 due to Customer Services misinformation - Feb 2007

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

Abbey - Won DPA Claim - Aug 06 and got bailiffs in to recover my court costs of just £30.00

Abbey - Won Charges Refund of £1050 - Nov 06

Egg - Recovered £220 due to Customer Services misinformation - Feb 2007

Nat West - Prelinimary Letter to recover on Credit Card charges £30.00 sent March 2006. £25.40 offered - rejected and the bank reckons that this is it's last word on the matter. We'll see if that's still the case when it reads my N1 form sent recently. It has until the 17th April to respond or the N1 will be submitted.

Please check out my web site www.BankChargesScandal.co.uk for Research, Useful links and my story.

• 4 weeks later...

I used to work in the retentions department for Carphone Warehouse, which dealt with upgrades and cancellations.

Firstly, customers are not eligible mid-way through their O2 contracts for an upgrade. As I recall, the point at which you can be upgraded is month 10 for a 12 month contract, and month 14 for an 18 month contract. Secondly, the store should have put you on the phone to the retentions department in the first instance, so you could be offered the best O2 deals.

From what you have said, it sounds like the the guy in the store has pulled a fast one. If you phone up you will probably get passed from department to department, whilst listening to Calling the Instigator repeated endlessly (I am getting stressed out just thinking about it!), before eventually getting cut off 30 minutes later. Instead, I would send an email to Charles Dunstone, the Chief Executive. He does read his own emails (former colleagues and I have received personal replies from him), and he will make sure that the matter is investigated. His email address is c.dunstone@cpwplc.com.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

I had a phone purchased from carphone warehouse on contract with O2.

Half way through contract was invited by carphone W. to come and pick free upgrade handset. At the store guy i spoke to said I was on wrong tariff he looked at my bills and said i could save money if I changed. I took his advice got my new handset and was now on Contract with3G. I am now getting letters from debt agency for money owed to O2. I truly thought this was all sorted by carphone W. I have not made any calls on my O2 phone since I changed but they say this is line rental. I feel really conned because I was persuaded to change by Carphone W. Is there anything I can do

I agree with the post above. Charlie boy may well take an interest and if not e-mails to his address are dealt with someone in his office

All my posts are made without prejudice and may not be reused or reproduced without my express permission (or the permission of the forums owners)!

17/10/2006 Recieve claim against me from lloyds TSB for £312.82

18/10/06 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

03/02/07 Claim allocated to small claims. Hearing set for 15/05/07. Lloyds ordered to file statement setting out how they calculate their charges

15/05/07 Lloyds do not attend. Judgement ordered for £192 approx, £3 travel costs and removal of default notice

29/05/07 4pm Lloyds deadline for payment of CCJ expires. Warrant of execution ready to go

19/06/07 Letter from court stating Lloyds have made a cheque payment to court