mortgage fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, i am new here.

I have recently sold my property, following several years of financial difficulties that resulted in mortgage arrears etc. I have been charged so many extra fees over recent years for letters from the lender and their litigation letters etc. I was paying the mortgage plus additional payments to reduce the arrears. Also, it appears that i signed to a 9 year redemption period and i was charged almost 4k redemption charges.

Do i have a case to claim the excessive fees levied on me over recent years and can i challenge the redemption charges?

Any help or advice will be so gladly received.

thank you

Hi there, welcome to CAG.

Have a little nose around the mortgage forum, we are currently advising people to hold fire on Early redemption charges. We do have different letters (to the bank charges) for reclaiming arrears charges and exit fees. You will find those in the 'sticky' section at the top of the mortgage forum.

Post a thread there and people will be able to help you.

What mortgage company were you with?

Good Luck:D

As far I am aware these can be treated in the same way as the fees charged by the banks so go ahead and start the process.

To assist yiu it might be best if you open a new thread in the correct slot, headed something like Fireflyer v XXXXX-that way people in the same situation can read your posts and offer advice and guidance.

Good luck

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

click on the blue words in my thread above and it will take you to the mortgage forum.

Or

Go to the main home page, scroll down and you will find OTHER INSTITUTIONS near the bottom and right below that in blue MORTAGAGES

The blue link below helped me alot when I first started here try and bookmark that page once you have clicked on it!

Can't find what you looking for?

A-Z