can bailiffs really get a locksmith to open door when im not there???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi my partner has recently recieved a visit from a bailiff, only i was home i didnt open the door i just went to the window as i know they can be swines and push past and once there in theres no stopping them... but they gave me a letter saying that next time they will bring a loscksmith and come in wether i give permission but also that they are legally aloud to do this.. is this right.. the fine is from a magistrates court for a praking fine.. somebody told me if it was magistrates they can break in???? please help

not entirely sure, wait for someone with more knowledge, they will help you.

but if you wanted, ring the courts or the place that issued the fine and find out.

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

If a bailiff has levied on goods they can break in to retrieve them. However they can't levy by looking through a window, listing goods, and posting a notice through the door.

There are bailiffs that can break in. I could be wrong, but I don't think they are Magistrate's bailiffs. The tax office and Customs and Excise can apply for a warrant to break in, but simply never do.

Number of times I've asked 1st Credit for information that I stil haven't recieved... 55 as at 02/05/07 :!:

Hello,

I would recommend visiting this link here. It contains a lot of useful information.

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

• 2 months later...

Yes! If it's for non-payment of a fine for a criminal offence they can. The key is what kind of bailiff and what is the debt for and who to. If it's a an unpaid fine for a criminal offence like speeding for example from magistrates, and the bailiff is certificated, then forced entry is an option open to them. the same could apply if you owe tax and have HMIR after you. Generally a county court bailiff can't force their way in esp on a civil matter.

There is a wide variation of opinion on the net. I have found from painful experience that they can do this but only as a last resort. !!READ THIS!!!

If you can pay some how then do it. They CAN accept installments but you will have to push, beg and plead with the bailiff. Believe me you will have to do this. The bailiffs want their commission and won't roll over easy if at all. But they know they can't get what is not there. So think. take advice and BE RATIONAL. Hard I know...

Keep your cool. Don't lose your rag with them or you lose any moral highground and make it all worse for yourself.

My lesson..... PAY EVERYTHING ON TIME.

Or if not, communicate with your creditor and make an effort. I got into this mess cos I buried my head in the sand!!!!!

NEVER AGAIN... NO WAY... NEVER!

wooo!

if they have never been allowed into the property, for a parking fine, from a magistrate court.. they cannot force entry.

go to the bailiffs forum and start your thread there.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ConsumersRevenge

Baliffs can only enter with either your permission, or a court order (as is the case with those appointed by a magistrate). in which case, it would not be a locksmith as much as the police (this would be a legal requirement of the warrant). I would imagine this is yet another scare tactic of a dca. just remember, these people have less right than your original creditors, do you think your local bank manager could pop in and take your tv if you hadn't paid off your overdraft? if it was that easy, dca's would not exist. i maintain my view that they are the vultures of the financial services industry. they have no power to attack thier own prey, just pick over whats left when the creditors have gotten sick with it.