Lloyds Tsb - Will They Play Silly Buggers?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Moorcroft's classic line, elsinore. It's infamous on CAG, and one or two other agencies have been known to use similar gibberish.

Any letter I've had to send to a DCA, no matter for what purpose the letter is intended, I make a point of including it.

My apologies F DCAs for missing the irony!

I should know better having mixed it with Moorcroft in the past.:rolleyes:

I also have a lovely collection of Aktiv Kapital letters and cards which are similarly stupid.

Els

Moorcroft are being more persistent than the others. It is quite a large sum of money and I think they can see £ signs lighting up in front of their eyes.

I'm wondering what to do to get rid of them. Has anyone been down the CPR route with this sort of thing yet? The only problem I can see is that I don actually want to take them to court.

There is also the intriguing possibility of reclaiming PPI on this one. If it has been missold - and I have genuine grounds to think it may have been - does this make the whole thing unenforceable in itself?

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• 2 weeks later...

Well about 6 months ago I predicted that getting rid of Moorcroft on this account would be a piece of cake, but I was wrong. They are being annoyingly persistent.

What's the best way of seeing them off?

Regards.

Fred

LetterfromMoorcrost10112009.jpg

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

• 4 weeks later...

Moorcroft must be getting desperate for their Christmas bonuses. They've tried to ring me about 4 or 5 times since last week. Pity for them my 'phone goes straight to voicemail when they ring.

It could be that they've been passed another account to deal with, but I'll just have to wait until they write.

Ho hum.

Regards to all.

Fred

This lot really are pathetic. They've been ringing me almost every day for 2 weeks, bar Sundays, and still haven't realised that they are getting a voicemail service. It's hilarious - all I get is "Hello, hello" or "Can I speak to Fred Bassett please".

They have no imagination whatsoever. There is one part of this I'd love to reveal but daren't - and this is not the only one it applies to. One day I will reveal all.

Regards.

Fred

• 2 weeks later...
LetterfromMoorcrost20122009.jpg

Why not have yourself a 100% discount instead, Fred?

Good idea! That's along the lines of what I've got planned. Moorcroft are really desperate on this one. They tried to ring me at least a dozen times in the build up to Christmas but they only got my voicemail. I've been expecting a letter from them. It's a generous offer don't you think?!!

Regards.

Fred

I've just noticed that their letter mentions 'attempted personal calls by our local representative'. Strange that. All of the calls I had were from a number beginning with 0161 which is Greater Manchester. I live near the South Coast. Not very local is it?

• 5 years later...

Update on this thread.

I didn't pay them a penny and it's been statute barred for well over a year now.

Fred

It was 4 altogether twoman. Lloyds TSB, Halifax, Bank of Scotland and MBNA. No enforceable agreements -saved me a fortune, but it's not something I'm particularly proud of on reflection. I'm still paying 3 accounts off and there were 2 others paid off years back, but it will all be sorted in about 6 months and it's not hurting me much. I'm glad it's pretty much over.

Regards.

Fred