Confused teuchter v HBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: Hi,

I'm about to begin a claim against HBOS, but am unsure about the different routes to go down. I'm claiming just under £1500. Should I split this into 2 x £750 small claims? What is a Summary Cause? Am I correct in thinking I might be better using this method, thus claiming it all at once? If so, how does the procedure differ? I'm probably being really thick here, but it all gets very confusing - especially when you try to find something you read previously!!

Hi,

If you're caliming £1500 then a summary cause is the way to go. There isn't a great deal different from a small claims except that your claim, once raised with your local sherriff court, must be served by a Sherriffs Officer which does cost a little bit more. You can find all you need to know about Summary Cause here:

Summary Cause Guidance Notes

Splitting your large claim into multiple smaller claims is not recommended, as some courts have seen this as 'overloading the system' and wasting their time, and the case thrown out.

Personally, I would raise a summary cause, as the extra you have to pay for the Sherrif's Officer will be paid back to you by the bank when you win.

Hope this helps.....Brian

Citi Cards

- S.A.R sent 29/01/07

- Statements received 08/03/07

- First Request sent 12/03/07

- LBA Sent 21/3/07

Bank of Scotland

- S.A.R. sent 27/02/07

- Request for Payment sent 14/05/2007

I'm not too sure, but I believe if you pursue a summary cause and you loose you will have to pay the Banks costs. This is Highly unlikely as the banks don't want to seem to go to court. I personally am in the same boat as you and I intend to go down the summary path to avoid any contraversy with my claim. As long as the claim is above £750 and £1500 or below, I would take the summary route.

Gimee! Gimee! Gimee! ma cash after midnight!

:confused: Hi,

I'm about to begin a claim against HBOS, but am unsure about the different routes to go down. I'm claiming just under £1500. Should I split this into 2 x £750 small claims? What is a Summary Cause? Am I correct in thinking I might be better using this method, thus claiming it all at once? If so, how does the procedure differ? I'm probably being really thick here, but it all gets very confusing - especially when you try to find something you read previously!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/40792-gary-aberdeen-halifax.html is my thread and I have not needed to go to court but have settled for slightly less. I would have went the Summary Cause route if I had to though

BRING ON THE HALIFAX

• S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent to Halifax PLC Recorded Delivery 21/09/06
  • 12/12/06 Still no S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) details so called and was told they would look at this next week
  • 28/12/06 Horray details recieved
  • Prelim request sent 8/01/07
  • LBA sent 12/01/07
  • Offer letter received 30/01/07
  • Upped Offer of £740 accepted

Thanks Brian, cascade and garyhay - it's great to have so much help out there. Right, I'm off to read the summary cause guidance notes as it looks like this is the way to go!!

I'll keep you posted!