Revenue Collection Services

doo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had any dealings with this company. I have never heard of them before?

Not paid up on your Gym membership ? Few of these going around this site at the moment.

Just hate every DCA out there

Yep you have guessed it, another gym membership I am helping with at the moment, they are charging £22 for each letter they are sending out, have looked to see if they are registered at companies house but there is no record. Don't know much about legislation covering debt collection agencies but they are certainly racking up the debt.

yvette18, thanks for that, very interesting, as this is a gym related debt I see that they are members of the fitness industry association. Do you know of anyone that has had dealings with them.

pmhcfc, how did you guess it was gym membership?

Just a wild stab in the dark....Had that 'feel' about it...I;ve read too many threads,,,oh and by the way, I checked at companies house too and they're not registered to pass data around....naughty naughty

• Haha 1

Just hate every DCA out there

What does that exactly mean that they are not registered to pass data around. They have sent a copy of the CCA from the gym also attached is the sheet containing account details, card number, expiry date, card type, name, can the gym just pass this information over.

Guest tlusnoc
Just a wild stab in the dark....Had that 'feel' about it...I;ve read too many threads,,,oh and by the way, I checked at companies house too and they're not registered to pass data around....naughty naughty

What has companies house got to do with anything? It is the ICO they need to be registered with to be data controllers, and if you read the website they are the Debt Collection Operation of Belmont Finance UK (lTD). Belmont are registered with the ICO, so they are not doing anything wrong whatsoever.

tlusnoc, do you work for them, just kidding.

As far as I know in the T&Cs attached to CCA it does not say they can pass the debt on, according to OFT guidlines debtor must give prior consent to debt being passed to DCA. Also they are to my mind levying unfair charges, they have added on 25% charge and £22 per letter, they are as bad as the banks, as stated in OFT guidelines charges should be levied fairly and should be based on actual cost.

Guest tlusnoc

No, in fact had never heard of them until I read this posting. I was merely pointing out that it has nothing to do with companies house regarding data thats all.

OK, can anybody help. What is the next step, I need to help write a letter back to these people, have made a few comments in posts above, any ideas anyone?

I would like to add that apparently there was no correspondence from the gym that the account had defaulted and also no correspondence that they would be passing on the debt. Not sure if they have to do this.

Am going to ask this again - just in case someone can answer me this, on the copy of the cca that the dca sent it also have membership agreement giving card holders name, card number, expiry date and type of card. Can this just be handed around like this, don't like this at all.

Hi Doo,

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you, do you mean that it is your credit/debit card details that appear in full on this agreement?

I'm not sure, but I don't think they should be printed out in full. Usually they are printed with asterisks and then the last 4 numbers, like on till receipts in shops.

Maybe someone else could clarify the position on this?

Yvette

hi yvette, not my details this is on behalf of someone but yes, it had persons name, his card number in total, the expiry date of the card and the card type. All the details to his debit card. I found this unbelieveable, was hoping someone could clarify this, interesting eh ...........

Just to update, had got in touch with Fitness Industry Association who both gym and debt collection agency (Belmont Finance) are members. They said they could not take up individual cases but wanted to know details and they e-mailed the gym to ask them to discuss direct. with client. Gym have now confirmed that no further action will be taken and have told DCA also, there was a doctors certificate involved due to an injury, so a happy ending. Thank you all who helped with this problem.

• 1 year later...

FAO Doo!

Hi.

I found this forum via an internet search and am looking for advice. Around Eight years ago my uncle won a gym membership package but as he was in his sixties 'gifted' it to me. Anyway, I went along, signed up etc and agreed to a monthly direct debit fee. Anyway within 3 days I had a re-think, as I had recently injured my back at work and was signed off sick, and returned to the gym advising I was not in a position to continue the membership. I returned all membership and it was agreed my agreement would be cancelled. Fast forward two and a half years and I get a letter from a company advising I owed membership fees and needed to settle. I wrote to them explaining as above and they advised they were investigating. I heard nothing again until today (a further 5 years on!) when I receive a letter from RCS advising I now need to pay £542.95.

The main problem is, as this whole event was so long ago I do not have the letters I received from AMC Fitness any longer, although I do still have copies of the letters I sent to them

Any advice appreciated???

Have you got the original gym membership forms? Can they still collect a debt over 6 years old, may be worth checking? Would try the route I went down, see if your gym is a member of the Fitness Industry Association, then contact the FIA, they were extremely helpful and were not impressed with the debt collection agency chasing a debt where the person had a back injury and doctors letter. Track down the website of the FIA and have a read, if the gym is a member they have to abide by their rules. About 6 months or so ago watchdog covered a piece about this where injured people were being chased for debts from a well known gym who instantly backed down and apologised.

Many thanks for replying Doo!

I don't have original forms as when I cancelled 3 days after joining I gave them back! I haven't got the letters from them either as I thought was all closed off at last correspondence 2002.

I'll check the route you're suggesting anyway and update you!

Many thanks again!

Has anyone had any dealings with this company. I have never heard of them before?

REVENUE COLLECTION SERVICES DEBT COLLECTORS are part of BELMONT LEISURE SOLUTIONS put them in GOOGLE and then in OUR SERVICES and LONG TERM DEBT COLLECTION.

Hope this helps they have just wrote to me about a gym membership which i joined an left 9 years ago in the meantime i have first been ill then moved then divorced but have been on electoral role at my address for at least 7 years HELP !!!!!!!