Munty V HSBC

munty030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i'm just about to send out a 14 day letter to HSBC

I'm not sure about the spreadsheet i've filled out the advanced spreadsheet I'm not sure about the column for "intrest Free Overdraft(enter as +) do I put my overdraft limit in here :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

I've just had a reply to my prem letter from a Katy Griffiths with refarance to my credit card A/C & still nothing with refarance to my Bank A/C

copy of the letter

"Thank you for your recent corresponce. I have fully investigated the matters raised(what in 3 days since the prem letter was recived)

Default Charges are charges payable if customers do not make the required minimum payment by the payment due date, if they exceed their credit limit, or if a payment to their credit card account is returned unpaid. The amount of these charges, and the circumstances in which they are applied, is set out clearly in the HSBC's credit card agreements. We believe that HSBC's Charges to Customers are fair and reasonable.

The OFT has recently published the findings from an enquiry into default charges on credit cards. HSBC has carefully considered the OFT's publication and does not accept its findings. However, the OFT's investigation has led to a change in the market practices and HSBC has therefore decided, for commercial reasons and in the intrests of customers, to reduce its credit card default charges for the future. These changes do no affect that have already been applied.

However, notwithstanding the above I would very much like to acknowledge that you are a valued customer of our bank. Therefore, have aranged for a goodwill payment of £40.00 to be credited to your bank account which represents a 50% reduction of charges payable. The payment is being made on the basis that you agree that you will not make any further claims or take legal action on this matter. This gesture of goodwill is without prejudice to our right to impose and recover default charges in the future.

I hope that our offer of a goodwill payment will settle this matter to your satisfaction and that you will continue to use your HSBC credit card with confidence. (that a be good if I still had the credit card the account was closed over a year ago)

Whilst I hope matters are now resolved to your satisfaction, if this is not the case please let me know, as complaints we cannot resolve cn ultimately be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If I do not hear from you within 8 weeks we will consider the matter resolved."

Hiya munty, its a standard sod off and never darken our doorstep again letter the OFT made no difference to reclaiming unlawful charges and note the letter arrived on the day your LBA was due. Its just a stalling tactic.

Stick to your time line and send out your LBA and submit your claim to the court.

pete

It is actually very unusual to get a reply to both prelim and lba. HSBC often just send the standard we will investigate this sometime during your lifetime. Sometimes people get an 80% offer before the court action but most of the interesting stuff doesn't really start until you tell them that you are taking them to court. :)

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

• 3 weeks later...

i've recived a letter from HSBC today with an offer in my credit card a/c for the full amount

they want me to sign & return a form that has my bank A/C no on it which is still an out standing claim ?????