Anyone claiming for a second (or more) time?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm just curious to know how many people have issued second, third or fourth claims against the same account, and if so whether they did anything differently or whether the case was handled differently.

I'm about to embark upon a second claim with Halifax.

Guest Niklowe

I would think that if you have already claimed back successfully, then keep to the same approach. Why change a system that isn't broke!

Hi - I settled successfully with Halifax at the beginning of the year :D , but since then have had another two charges :mad:

I'm thinking that I may ring the guy who settled the last claim for me and see if anything can be done. He obviously knows that I know what I'm talking about :eek: and will go the whole way if necessary!!!!

Will keep you posted.

Best wishes.

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Thanks Bookworm!!!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

on a slightly different note i wonder if anyone knows if you can claim for the same amount if it's been set aside? I claimed for 8 years of charges the halifax paid back 6 of them after mcol then I issued a warrant for the remaining 2 years which the halifax applied for a set aside to be heard at the end of Feb. I could not attend & told the court but they have sent a letter on Friday saying " it is ordered that 1) the judgement be set aside & 20 the defendant do file and serve a defence by 4pm on march 14th 2007. Not sure what happens as I haven't had a say at all about limitations etc..... who knows!

:-| mosessupposes

Halifax claim 1: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05/06

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

Money in account 25/10/06 Settled in full

Halifax claim 2: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 07/05.06

8 years claimed

Prelim " 30/08/06

LBA & offer

rejection " 22/09/06

MCOL " 11/10/06

6 years of claim offered 25/10/06

15/11/06 default filed

16/11/06 warrant requested

Capital 1 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 11/10/06

Black Horse S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 17/11/06

Egg CC/Loan SAR sent 17/11/06

Haliax ERC pre-lim sent 17/11/06

Hi,

I already won my first claim against BOS in October. Small Claim. The 13th of March is my return date for my first Summary Cause against them from the same account. I'll let you know shortly how I got on. They closed my account after my first claim ! plonkers.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Yes. I claimed twice against Halifax. Same technique, and don't let their thread of closing your account intimidate you.

When they threaten you with closure, respond that if they do, you'll report them to the FOS for their retaliatory action. :-D

This is most useful. Despite everything, I actually LIKE this Halifax account :o so I'm particularly concerned about closure, I really dont want to move anywhere else.

It's funny because last time I claimed one of their letters said something like 'our account charges help you to manage your account effectively.' How does taking over 600 in charges in less than 3 months constitute HELP :rolleyes:

I'll let you know how I get on.

Hi,

I already won my first claim against BOS in October. Small Claim. The 13th of March is my return date for my first Summary Cause against them from the same account. I'll let you know shortly how I got on. They closed my account after my first claim ! plonkers.

Regards.

Scott.

In case mine do, whats a Summary Cause? How do you go about doing that?

Sam

Hi Ilonavamp --- looks like you and I are in the same boat. I quite like my Halifax account too :eek: . I've been asking for advice and the response is quite mixed - with some they are closing accounts after second claims and others not!!! I thought I might ring and see how the conversation goes, but state the A&L retaliatory case where they were fined for closing the account and see what happens then!!!!

Best wishes.

jaxads

jaxads

Actually, at the time mine was going on, the A&L case hadn't happened, so when they said they "reserved the right to close my account if I kept on mis-managing it (I'd gone over by 12 pence! :lol:)", I said that was fine, and I reserved the right to take them to court for violation of my human rights, since they were effectively trying to stop me from asserting my right to access to justice!

If you've never heard a bank employee pack-pedalling as fast as they can, this does the trick. :-D

illonavamp, "summary clause" is in Scottish claims.

Hi Ilonavamp, I'm just about to send my LBA for a second claim on the same account, however I'm not that bothered if they close my account as they havent served me well, but if they do try and close it I will put up a fight as at time it has felt like Halifax has gone out of it's way to be difficult.

I have a third claim underway against Bank of Scotland. I shall be following the summary cause route this time if necessary, although I am still going to have to make a fourth claim to get it all back.

Bank of Scotland round 1: £740 + costs settled, still sore over the 8% grrr

Bank of Scotland round 2: £629 +101.15 interest +£39 costs settled.

state the A&L retaliatory case where they were fined for closing the account and see what happens then!!!!

Anyone know an online source for this case?

Thanks. p.s. my second IRP going off today.

Sam

I'm about to start my second claim on the same account.

Had an offer of £719 on Saturday (1st claim for years worth of charges) and received my statements this morning so will be starting a new claim for the other five years within the next few days.

• 1 month later...

I recently got a response to my second claim saying:

'I note that you previously accepted a payment in full and final settlemtn of your complaint regarding bank charges on your account. At the time we advised you that any future charges would stand, therefore I am unable to agree your request for a further refund'

(The last settlement was for 2006 charges).

I am sending them an LBA today. Have let this drag out a bit actually, should have stayed on top of it.

Does anyone have a link to the wording I should add about closing accounts, I want to put something in there that says 'additionally if any retaliation is made...' etc...

Thanks

Sam

hiya

i am claiming for the second time from halifax, olny 200 quid but still worth it.

I started it last year, but dragged my feet a bit, I also got the same fob off as you have, i submitted moneyclaim on friday, they acknowledged today so hopefully not to long now, i too want to keep my account, i have no overdraft, chq g/tee, just a basic debit vise electron account so hopefully they wont close it. havent sorted out a parchute yet (naughty me i know) might do that tonight

Good luck