Russel & Aitken passing debt to Call Serve

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, but I couldn't find anything....

15/2/07 I received a letter from Russel+Aitken Solicitors acting on behalf of Debt Managers Ltd saying they'd commence court action to recover a sum. This had already been disputed verbally with the original lender, but following the excellent advice on this forum I sent them (R+A) a CCA letter, recorded delivery, on 23/3.

They haven't as yet replied, but by my calculations they've got about another few days to do so.

However on 3/3 I received a stroppy letter from Call Serve Ltd demanding payment (their bold) for the same debt.

Should I also send them a CCA letter, or sit tight and wait for R+A to (not) reply?

Where a debt is passed around like this, on who is the onus to supply the CCA documents?

Thanks in advance,

d

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

anyone who is chasing the debt has the onus to supply the CCA, because without a CCA they are chasing the debt illegally.

id send them a CCA as well to cover your bases, and see what comes back!

BUT!, no-one should be chasing you for payment when your debt is in dispute (which it is the second they recieved the CCA)

hope this helps.

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

• Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

I've drafted a fresh letter to Call Serve, to be sent recorded, with the following points:

1) Not acknowledging any debt to their company or clients

2) Stating that the alleged debt is already in dispute

3) Requesting CCA and enclosing a £1 cheque, stating that "under no circumstances is this payment to be set against any alleged debt"

4) Revoking their licence to visit my property.

Does that just about cover it? :D

Sorry, me again....

Just a thought: the more companies I send a CCA request to, the more chances there are of one of them actually having the documents.

Even if only one of them can supply the CCA then I'm scuppered. Would I not be better just sending one request, as I have done, then sitting back?

Thanks

Sorry, me again....

Just a thought: the more companies I send a CCA request to, the more chances there are of one of them actually having the documents.

Even if only one of them can supply the CCA then I'm scuppered. Would I not be better just sending one request, as I have done, then sitting back?

Thanks

I read something on another thread just recently, that you only have to send one CCA request (by law). It is up to the original 'chaser of debt' to make sure this CCA gets passed to whoever is chasing the debt...Have a look around, I'm sure it was very recent that I read it...

Just hate every DCA out there