BatgirlVSHalifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

...... and we'll be watching!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning!

Dusary - wish I'd have done what you did now, and accept the offer as part payment....here's an update...

We are claiming on 2 a/cs both active. Received a letter for first a/c on 7th offering £1296 (half amount) goodwill gesture. Sent letter 5 refusing, telling them maybe they didn't realise we had served papers on them etc. Sent it same day (special del no less!!) rec'd day after. I was gonna phone but chickened out! Today I see they have put £1296 into the 1st a/c! What now? Should I be brave and phone them? Letter 5 says we authorise them to take it out again but I don't really want them to now!

Got same letter for the 2nd a/c yesterday (different person dealing with it). Again I sent letter 5 (recorded, skint y/sterday!). So it's a matter of time before that partial payment goes in too (offered £385 instead of £780). Postal strike won't help.

What on earth do I do?? Is it time to make a couple of phone calls?:???: Please help, I feel sick!!

So sorry to nag but is there anyone out there who can help?

I have just phoned the Halifax. Person dealing with 1st a/c not there so spoke to someone else. I explained about the offer, he said it's "open to negotiation". I said ok you've offered £1296, but we want £2572 + £451.85 (interest) totalling £ 3023.85. He said we won't pay interest unless instructed to do so by a court. I said papers deemed served on 5th don't you have a copy? He said he couldn't get onto the screen to check. I politely said ok thanks anyway we will leave it up to the court.

My heart was pounding but I remained calm on phone (I think), BUT I forgot to ask if the money deposited today would stay there or would they take it out once they read the decline letter? Hubs and I now arguing cos he wants to phone but I won't let him cos he's short in the patience dept bless him!

ANYONE PLEEEEEEEEZE? (thanks x)

Did you send a letter declining or accept as partial payment?

You could always call them back - but I personally would either leave it there or move it to another account.

Unless anyone thinks differently ;)

You did well and remained calm.

Hi MoneyHelp

Thanks sooo much for replying. Really feeling anxious right now. I sent letter from here (no 5) along lines of "we respectfully decline your offer...you may not know we issued court proceedings...we wish to stress we don't accept it in F&F settlement...if the amount is put into our a/c we authorise you to take it out...alternatively shld u wish to settle in full pls forward the full balance of claim".

I am tempted to put it into para a/c but if I do and they try to take it back I'm stuffed! This will prob happen again in a few days with the 2nd a/c. It seems to me they are so far behind with things, but why did he say he couldn't see the court forms? I don't reckon they will acknowledge court until after the deadline if they are so late in replying to my letters.

Lol Cheers MoneyHelp, I promise I'll chill:cool: Thanks for the encouraging words. Gonna leave it there and wait for 19th see if they respond. I shall now have a nosey at how others are getting on!

Hi

It's early days for me but I thought I would set up my own thread in preparation! S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent (1st class recorded) on Monday 26th Feb, received at Halifax Tuesday 27th Feb (checked through Royal Mail track/trace). I sent a postal order for £10 to cover two accounts. Bought a lovely red folder to keep all correspondence in...red being the colour of anger and all that lol!!:D

Just for info...My husband went into our local branch on Monday to actually DEPOSIT some money (a rarity in itself, believe me!). When he approached the bloke behind the counter, he was told he had to use the self-service till. I am the one who usually deals with money, so my husband didn't know what the guy was talking about (bless!). After ranting at the staff member ("what exactly DO you do all day?"/"I've stood in this queue for ages..."/"What !@* self-service till?" etc)...a female staff member led him to the till to show him how to deposit the cash.

The young girl asked my husband what type of account he had, whether we had dd/so coming out...she then went on to ask him if we have ever had to pay bank charges. "Regularly!" said hubs, and he told her we had posted a letter only that morning to claim them back. I ticked him off for divulging that to her - don't want them getting a whiff of anything!

Anyway, is this just a coincidence, or is it a new tactic? He didn't give her the chance to carry on, but I would have loved to have heard what she was going on to say. He said she looked new to the job, as there was another staff member hovering around telling/showing her what to do. She could have just been trying to sell a new product/trying to help - but I can't help feeling suspicious.

Anyone else experienced this? Would love to know your thoughts. Since coming to this fabulous site I have become so wary. Am I being cynical or was the poor girl just trying to help??

paying any amounts below £500, you pay in an envelope, through the box.matter of fact, you can separate into bundles of £250 each envelope. excess of £1000, you CAN pay over the counter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]if my response has been of help to you, please click on my scales. thank you:)

Sorry I've missed what's been going on.

You did right phoning them and staying calm as well.

I understand what you are saying about them removing the money from your account.

In my case the bailiffs would come and take away my spanking brand-new 43" Plasma HD telly!!!!!! And I don't want THAT to happen!

Moneyhelp was right IMHO!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Morning Dusary

Ooh telly sounds fab, you certainly don't want to lose that! Hmm, plasma...maybe I'll add that to my wishlist now lol!

Well I've calmed down now, just waiting. Halifax has until Thurs 19th to acknowledge court papers. After that I plan to send a '7 more days' letter if not heard anything. Waddya reckon, a good move?? Think it was Buffy's thread where I read they pay up pretty soon after that. Just hope it works for me. Ah well...

Oh and is it ok to send the 7 more days letter actually on Thursday?

Questions questions, I know I'm a pain:rolleyes:

Just checked accounts. They STILL haven't removed the money from the first a/c. and despite phoning and sending decline letters they have deposited their good flippin will offer into the other a/c! I want the other half plus interest! Do they know what they are doing?????

If the money remains in the accounts by Thursday when I send the 7 day letter, do I keep it or what? Do I say in the next letter something like, 7 more days or else but I'm keeping this money in part settlement now?

Am returning to stresshead mode this morning!

• Haha 1

Ok Take a deep breath and chill ok.

You are doing just fine as you are, just leave the money in your account, if they want it they will take it - like they took all your charges in the first place!

Just wait until Thursday and send your 7 day letter, it's all a waiting game right now - you are almost there, hang tight ;)

• Haha 1

Aww Moneyhelp, you are so right...again! Thanks for support. Just been to walk the dog, had to do something with my day off or I'd go crazy thinking about all this!

Right, back to chilled mode:cool:

hi batgirl ,, hope all goes well i not long sent my LBA letter ,, im hoping to hear something soon ,, will follow your progress , im not looking forward to doing N1 form either but ppl here seem very helpful so guess i will yell if help needed lol

anyway best of luck to you

:)

Hi Batgirl.

Im in a similar position to you. My caim was deemed served on 25 June, they had till 9 July to reply. I got a an Acknowledgment of Service Filed from the Court 5 July informing me Haliprats had filed an acknowledgmnt of Service on 29 June.

You could ring the Court up to see if they have heard anything from the bank. Or just hang in there and wait.

Take a look at my thread if you have the time "overflow v Halifax" .

Youll see what Im talking about.

Good Luck:)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Hi there Helen - just had a look at your thread. You seem to be doing just fine. You are doing right, reading other people's experiences, read as much as you can! I was completely baffled by the N1, but this site is absolutely brilliant. I have followed everything on here to the letter (quite a few letters now actually lol!). I'm feeling anxious (hence my post at 2am, can't sleep!) yet, dare I say excited at the same time. I'll keep an eye on how you are getting on. We will be celebrating within weeks of each other I'm sure;) You've got all the support on here you could ever need. Good luck to you too.

Hi Overflow

Thanks very much for the info, I am going straight round to your thread right now to have a read! Doh I never thought of ringing the court up. Can't see the wood for the trees at the moment, my head's all over the place! I'll do that in the morning, cheers.

lol batgirl ,, yep think the nerves are jingling a bit now , i got few more days til the times up ,,, sheesh im thinking of doing a N1 for practice b4 i do real thing lol , least that way i can ammend any mistakes when it comes to the real deal and maybe post on my thread to see if i done it right lol

keep going not long now , best wishes :)

Practice makes perfect deadlykiss, I did some 'trial runs' too! The last time I went near a court was on a school trip when I was about 12...scared me to death! Stick with this site and you cannot fail. Letting others check it first is a good idea. It feels great once you hand it in;) .

Speaking of courts, I phoned the court this morning and H/fax acknowledged my claim yesterday. So I guess no need for a 7 more days letter! So much for my gut feeling that they wouldn't respond. So by my reckoning that takes me upto 2nd August (deemed served 5th July plus further 28 days to file defence).

I'm feeling surprisingly calm. Lol, it won't last!

glad that you got in touch with court 2nd august huh ,, not long then ,, :) maybe it wont go court seems like most of them dont so im keeping fingers crossed for you :wink: i would keep checking your bank just in case lol maybe thats to optomistic , i dunno.

maybe you calm because everythings in place and you know at end of day is you thats in the right not them ,, just keep thinking that and i think things will work out good

well still keeping my fingers crossed for you

best wishes :)

Hi

Well, nearly there chaps. Had a letter yesterday (Friday) offering full amount on second account. However, Halifax has made a HUGE error regarding the first account. I don't want to go into details at this stage (feeling a bit paranoid lol) but I have managed to sort it out over the phone. They are sending a revised offer letter which I should get early next week. I so want to celebrate and yet I can't until their blunder has been put right and the new settlement letter is in my sticky mitts!

Once everything's been sorted I will let you know what the error was, as well as letting you know I've won of course! Oh so near and yet so far away:x.

By the way, it's nothing to worry about for those of you who are in the middle of claiming. It's a mistake by the Halifax which is unique to my claim. It just so happens it could have cost me the claim through no fault of my own. :x :x :x Blithering idiots!

Xtra Xtra, I've got Xtra!

I've won today yahoo wahey, hoorah hoorah hoorah!

Xtra Xtra, cauht Howard by the *!*!$$

So happy, I'm bouncing off the walls.

Now don't get me wrong ain't gonna waste it all (NO!)

Just booked a little hol, yeah I've just made the call.

Gonna fix the leak in the kitchen ceiling

Now that I've left Halifax reeling (oh yeah)!

Thank you, thank you to the peeps at CAG

You have been so helpful and you've listened to me nag.

This site is fab, this site is great,

Now tell me...how do I donate?

Thanks to all here, you're great people! When the money is in the bank I'll tell you what naughty Halifax did to me. Had telephone confirmation today but won't rest till it's in my account, then swiftly moved to a different bank lol!!