bank of scotland advice plz........

raffy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

had a loan wth bank of scotland,they gave me a letter -without prejudice,a settlement figure,of which £807.33 was a rebate of charge (whatever this means?)and an amount acceptable in full settlement,which is what i paid to end the loan,then the phone calls started fro debt colection agencys,solicitors(various) asking for this rebate of charge money,am so unsure whether to pay this amout by aggreement,or whether they are wrong in sending me a letter stating an amount to settle this loan,and being paid but then chasing me,havent got a clue....?

Ok i know for a fact, if you can produce that letter , and prove its what you paid , even if it was a mistake bos will honor it. so phone them up.

(rebate of charges normally just means the intrest rebate when you pay a loan off early)

i can produce that letter,and the proof of paying what thier figure was ex the £807.33,what annoys me is looking through records (from which i keep all) receiving countless letters from various people how on earth would someone know who to pay the payment to? thanks to mollington for replying to my advice,much appreciated.

going through my records i can see from the date given on the letter they sent the payment was sent 2 months after this,does this make a difference? and is that the reason why their chasing me for the £807.33? the debt collection agency just says theyve brought the debt from b.o.s and when asked for the acc no they didnt have it,and still they phone....

dont know if i explained all this properly,i took out a loan to settle 2 debts,1 for b.o.s and another seperate one,the settlement figure from bank of scotland was requested by the loan company and a cheque forwarded on to me to send to them,which i did,2 months later had a letter from them requesting that there was £400 outstanding on the debt,(bearing in mind i keep all records,and keeping the redemption letter and what was paid and to whom from loan company) from this came a telephone call from b.o.s saying it was £807.33 im sorry if this sounds confusing and not explaining in my previous threads

Hi there

Send a letter to Bank of Scotland and copy it to the DCA. Advise them that this debt has been paid in full. Enclose a copy of the correspondence you have and tell them that if they contact you again you will be taking further legal action.

They have absolutely no right to do this if you have settled the debt. I think this is a major cock-up with BOS. Who is the DCA by the way?

Kind regards

Gemspan

many many thanks,will do,i couldnt understand why i a companies asked for a settlement fig and given this,and then turn around for an extra amount,im so glad i found this website and had some advice,was intending to arr payment for this,thinking how could they make a mistake,(and thats how stupid i am!!!!)the dca is equifax never heard of them before,its constant phone calls from them that are so infuriating and embarrasing,i will be writing to b.o.s and want to thank you for your valuable advice,