Bank of Scotland - First Stage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning All,

Just thought I'd say hello and well done for the great guides and advice on the forum.

Just about to send away for copies of statements. However, question about making the court claim process.

Is there specific guidiance, which I may have missed, on making Scottish court claims. I assume this is an entirelly different procedure to English Courts.

Right, done a bit more reading on the forums, think I got myself confused.

Didn't realise you could choose to use the English court system, even though I stay in Scotland.

Maybe I'm wrong, which hopefully you guys could probably correct me.

you may go through the english courts system certainly however you will need the use of an english address and if you need to appear at court for any reason you will need to travel there. alternatively you may use the scottish system small claims limit is £750.00 or using sumary cause this limit rises to £1500.00. both of these are very straight forward. hope this helps you make the decision thats right for you

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

your very welcome just ask if you need any more information.

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no help. I have £2006 of bank charges over the last six years that I am claiming back. However I am at letter before action stage after having no respone. However just remembered that I can only claim up to £750.00 however I have asked for full amount. This doesnt look good on me not very prof. Should I just pull the plu or start again. Can believe Ive been so stupid. AAARRRGGGHH

ok if you use sumary cause as explained which works very similarly to small claims you may claim £1500 of charges back. there is some disscusion that scottish courts are starting to turn away multiple claims so remember if you claim once you may not be able to claim the rest back. to claim above this would require an ordinary cause to be raised and for this you would need a solicitor. if you need anything else please just ask i am keeping an eye on this thread.

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86