Just about to go overdrawn...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've an account with Halifax thats going to go overdrawn tomorrow by £25, this is a first for me, I'm assuming that paying money in on the same day won't work as the DD is showing as being paid on my Credit card statement already, by the looks of it they are gong to charge me £58, £30 for the paid DD and £28 for going overdrawn.

Does anyone have any experience with ringing them up and asking them to waive it? Is this likely to be successful or am I gonig to have to start off claiming it back with letters etc, I'm so cross with myself for letting this happen! Its a cardcash account so cannot even ring and ask for temp overdraft today!

Grateful for any advice.

Sam

I'm a Foolish person

IGroup ERC £1928.64 Ist letter sent 12/9

LBA sent 26/9

Moneyclaim input 13/10

Claim acknowledged 6/11

Received fob off letter 11/11

AQs sent back, IGroup request multitrack and hearing

There are plenty of stories around about people ringing up and getting the one off charge refunded.

Try it - your ammunition is that you are willing to go to court if necessary and it will cost them a lot more and they will lose a customer!

Bet you get it back!

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

If your account is showing as in credit today, but you know your account will be overdrawn tomorrow, I would suggest going into your branch as early as possible in the morning and paying £25 into your account and try to negotiate with them with regards to any possible charges that may occur.

Emphasise that you have taken time out of your busy schedule to rectify the matter as soon as you could, and that this is the first time such an instance has occurred in your account history. Be EXTREMELY POLITE, don't threaten court action and try not to bring up all this business about everyone reclaiming unlawful bank charges AT THIS STAGE.

If you are lucky you will get someone helpful to speak to and the charges may be waived. If they are unwilling to help you, ask to speak to the branch manager and explain your position to them. If they are still unwilling, ONLY THEN bring up your view that these charges are unlawful and any attempt to deduct such charges from your account will be met with recovery action on your part.

Hostile/aggressive action before the charges have even been applied will generally get you nowhere and you'll definitely have to follow the process everyone else on here is going through.

Best of luck!

• Haha 1

Thanks guys, excellent advice from you both, I'll let you know how I get on. My experience with Halifax is not good, due to a 5 yr old satisfied CCJ they refuse to upgrade my account but if you don't try then you don't get. I'm more likely to cry than get aggressive!

Sam

I'm a Foolish person

IGroup ERC £1928.64 Ist letter sent 12/9

LBA sent 26/9

Moneyclaim input 13/10

Claim acknowledged 6/11

Received fob off letter 11/11

AQs sent back, IGroup request multitrack and hearing

As far as Im aware, Halifax accounts dont updat on Mondays. Get them money in tomorrow and see what happens

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth