Edjury V Halifax please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Last summer i went over my overdraft from halifax, whilst i was away on holiday, and ended up paying £700 over a period of 10 days. leving me with a bill for £2200. I have had nemerous arangments with them that i couldnt keep up. and the issued a defualt notice to me on the 4/11/05. I then continued to struggle with the payments, and in januarry this year they registered it. My account is now being dealt with blair oliver and scott, (who have allowed me to have an arangment is can afford, and no interest!). What can I do to reclaim the money, as I havent actually paid it yet? Also am I able to remove the defualt notice from my record? as with out the charges i dont think they would have regerstered it. The woman on the phone said that halifax would win any leagal action as i had broken the arrangements, is this true?

Thanks in adavance

Ed jury

Sorry about the spelling!

yes you can claim the charges back from the account - what u first need to do is work out exactly how much it is they have charged you in total (you can date back over 6 years to do this) - if you arent sure how much, go to the library section of the forum and find the DPA letter and send that to them which means they have to send you a list of the charges, or full bank statements so u can work it out.

once you know how much it is you can visit the library section again and see all the relevant letters to begin approaching them for the money to be returned.

also have a read through the FAQ section of the forum which gives all the info you will need to know.

have a good read through all the cases in this Halifax section also, its a really good way of understanding the process, having seen what other people in the same situation have done/been through.

hope all that i said isnt too drawn out and complicated!

good luck! :D

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks