the duke v yorkshire bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Right its time to send in the lba ,but i need a bit of help please . Do i include the interest on my lba or not. ???

Do i just put the amount i am claiming and send another statement of charges along with it .

The 14 days is up Monday 30th April so i really need to send this of asap .

Any help please .

Also if i am not claiming interest the letter will need modifying could someone tell me which bits to miss out pleas.

cheers

the duke

Hi theduke, NO do not include the interest.

YES amount and another schedule of charges.

14 days up on Monday, allow 2 days for postage so if you have to go to court you are seen to be more than fair with your timescales, send Wed.

The interest the letter refers to is OD, just remove what you do not need.

Hi

i have sent my lba to the bank see what happens next.

Has anyone else had an email from this site saying someone has tried to access under your username but entered the password wrong 5 times ??????? i have just had one .....think i may have to alter my password incase its someone who knows me ........can i change my passowrd ?????????any help please.

the duke

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

I need help please.

I was due to take court action last week but due to the lack of funds i couldnt manage to make the claim .i was waiting until payday this friday but ,yesterday i recieved a letter from jeremy sutcliffe & co soliciters

This is the letter

Dear

RE: Claim against Yorkshire/Clysdale bank

We refer to your letter dated 2nd may addressed to our clients in connection with your claim for a refund of charges incurred by you as a result of presenting items for payment when there were insufficient funds available in your account to meet them .

as our clients have already pointed out to you, the charges could have been avaoided if you had contacted the bank in advance to discuss an overdraft facility.In the absence of such an arrangement the bank incurred costs which it is entitled to recover from you as a direct consequence of you acting as you did. the fact that these charges would arise is well publicised and are charged in accordance with the terms of the contract that you have entered into .The level of the charges published from time to time and sent to you each yearand they represent the overall cost incolved in dealing with the situation which ,in law ,amounts to the provision of a service.

In those circumstances, the bank is not obliged to make a refund to you .However ,we are instructed that ,having regard to all the circumstances and in the interest of good customer relations ,the banks is prepared to make an ex gratia payment to you(although it does not admit liability) in the sum of £200 in full and final settlement of your claim .

We enclose a form of acceptance which you should return to us within 10 working days after which this offer will lapse.

yours faithfully

Jeremy sutcliffe & co .

What i need to know is

1. What to do with this letter now

2. In their letter it said i should have asked for an overdraft and it was my fault the bank incurred charges .I did ask on many occasions for an ovedraft on my account but they turned me down ,so they are wrong in what they say .

3. Do i send a reply back to these soliciters stating they are wrong about the overdraft ,give them a further 5 days to pay in full or court action will be taken against the bank .

4.Just take court action straight away . ( i thought another 5 days shows willing on my side )

Look forward to your replies

the duke