Hello, Newbie here.

Unimexsol
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm a complete newbie and there seem to be thousands and thousands of threads on here.

My situation is that I took out a Lloyds TSB account when I became a student in 1995 and have (unfortunately) incurred "over your overdraft" charges ever since. I also have a business account with them and a loan account with them. I would estimate that my charges have been approximately 80 pounds per month throughout that time (bloomin' 'eck I've just calculated that that comes to about 10k!).

As there are so many threads I wonder if someone would be good enough to direct me to how to start the ball rolling. I am registered for the online banking system and so can trace the level of charges back to July 2002. Is that the best way to start?

I've seen some lawyers offering a "No win, no fee" service for reclaiming this money. Would it be worth my time engaging one of them to reclaim it for me or am I just as likely to be successful by myself?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could put me on the right lines.

Thanks

Hello and welcome.

The best place to start is the FAQ section. Take the time to read through this and understand the process.

You can then use the step by step guide.

If after you have read the FAQs you still have any questions come back and post them here. You might want to title the thread unimexsol v LloydsTSB to make it easier to find. Use this thread to post any questions and keep us updated on your progress.

Thanks HD,

I had already read the FAQ's before I posted, and have re-read them several times since.

I was interested as to whether it would be worth my while using a no-win, no-fee solicitor but I think that I feel confident enough to start the ball rolling myself.

I am aiming to put in an initial claim for 5k, and then (once they've paid up) I may try to go back further than the 6 years for the additional 5k.

I'm really nervous about starting this but if I am successful it will make a massive difference to my financial affairs.

I will start a Unimexsol v Lloyds thread as soon as I've started proper.

I wouldn't use one, and I wouldn't advise using one either.

Firstly, "no win no fee" will cost you - why give your money away?

Secondly, just because there is a facility for "NWNF" it doesn't mean solicitors would be willing to take the case on, and you are also then putting faith in someone who probably has no experience of dealing with these claims, since they are relatively new.

All the info you need is on this site, it's not overly complicated, and the most you are likely to 'risk' is the court fee.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks