Hi - genuine charges query!

archie1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:razz:

icon1.gif Help - Genuine charge query!

Hi

I have been having some difficulties with Lloyds TSB 1999 - to present day!

I had some financial difficulties in 1999, wrote to my Bank Manager at that time to cease accuring interests on my accounts, until I can sort myself out- they failed to helped me and to date have to pay back £14,000. speechless-smiley-040.gif

I am paying back a nominal sum of £10 each month to a recovery centre, Wescot; I had also contacted the Ombudsman last year, they stated that they only deal in matters of maladministration and therefore could not assist me any further as they believe that there was no relevant mistake, undue delay or failure of the Bank's procedures.angry-smiley-030.gif

Now having looked at my statements since 1999, I have noticed that I have been charged around £700 of interests and service charges - is this the same as a default charge and would I be able to claim some of this money back from lloyds TSB if I write to them with some of these standard letters? confused-smiley-013.gif

user_online.gif

Hi Archie

Im sure BAG can help in some way.

You will have to do most of the work yourself but you will get plenty of support along the way.

Make a post here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/ you know the thing, Life story, good times bad times, when you got drunk last ect. In all seriousness im sure BAG can help were all one big happy family here come and join us.:D

AL:)

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

Hi Archie

Im sure BAG can help in some way.

You will have to do most of the work yourself but you will get plenty of support along the way.

Make a post here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/ you know the thing, Life story, good times bad times, when you got drunk last ect. In all seriousness im sure BAG can help were all one big happy family here come and join us.:D

AL:)

Hi

I have been having some difficulties with Lloyds TSB 1999 - to present day!

I had some financial difficulties in 1999, wrote to my Bank Manager at that time to cease accuring interests on my accounts, until I can sort myself out- they failed to helped me and to date have to pay back £14,000. speechless-smiley-040.gif

I am paying back a nominal sum of £10 each month to a recovery centre, Wescot; I had also contacted the Ombudsman last year, they stated that they only deal in matters of maladministration and therefore could not assist me any further as they believe that there was no relevant mistake, undue delay or failure of the Bank's procedures.angry-smiley-030.gif

Now having looked at my statements since 1999, I have noticed that I have been charged around £700 of interests and service charges - is this the same as a default charge and would I be able to claim some of this money back from lloyds TSB if I write to them with some of these standard letters? confused-smiley-013.gif

Hi Archie

Penalties levied on an account are normally Returned cheque, returned Direct Debit, returned Standing Order, Being put in an UNauthorised Overdraft situation without your complicit say so. I am not fully aware of Lloyds TSB charges (you will find them out in their current Terms % Conditions) service charges are (although not always) what they say they are a service.:)

AL:D

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

Archie - I've been doing extensive research into claiming back appropriate charges beyond the normal 6 year Limitation (Limitations Act, 1980). There is Sec 32(1)(b) of this act which helps to go beyond but the magic one is..................Latent Damages Act, 1986. This doesn't appear on any of the forums I've been looking at here!! It inserted Sections 14(a) and 14(b) into the Limitations Act. In particular, it inserted sec 32 which.....suspends the period of limitation indefinately (if one or more of 3 situations apply)!!!!!!:lol: Just quote this in the letter to them and see. Itt will also be worth re-writing to the Ombudsman again. This service is free and quote things you have already picked up on on this site.

You also need to get onto your particular bank's forum - research and you will find 90% of what you want from it.

The above is only advice based upon the scenario you originally stated.

s.32 Limitation Act has been referred to many times on this forum. Do a search