A L withdraw account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Lueeze

I very much doubt it.

Theres loads of Online applications you can do, so get it done now before they close you down, as they will do it regardless of your threats to go to the OFT.

They have withdrawn my account as well - I will be having a look on Money Saving Expert tonight and opening a new account. What action can I now take to complain about this behaviour?

Write to the OFT (suggested content on this site), national newspapers and consumer organisations etc and get another account quick, I’ll be looking at moneysavers later as well!

They've also given us notice that they intend to close my fiances account next month. We already have a parachute account (and intended to close the A&L account because they are (edit)...) but its still the principle of the matter.

The principle that they are closing our accounts because THEY are committing a crime and we aren't letting them get away with it anymore.

[MODERATED: Libelous comments removed]

They've also given us notice that they intend to close my fiances account next month. We already have a parachute account (and intended to close the A&L account because they are (edit)...) but its still the principle of the matter.

The principle that they are closing our accounts because THEY are committing a crime and we aren't letting them get away with it anymore.

How long did u have your account with them? I only as because i'm trying to work out what makes the bank close your account - does it depend on how long u have banked with them or is it how 'responsible' they think u are.

Either way - its totally disgusting that they closed your account. What a wunch of bankers!:mad:

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

I am thinking of asking for my charges back, but also have an £800 overdraft on my account, a personal loan and have my mortgage with A&L - will it affect anything else other than my current account?

To Fusar

Why don't u start a new thread mate then we can give u some more specific advice and guide u through it. Make sure u have read the FAQ's and then read them again. Also read through the step by step instructions and round the forum - its amazing what u pick up. I can't answer your question cos i'm not 100% sure but i'm sure someone will. :)

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

Me too.. I have received back all my charges and interest after issuing a small claims action, (£823.69) and they will now be closing my account as of 13th June.

Like some of the other posters in this thread, I had already opened a parachute account, and had planned to switch after getting my money back anyway, so it's no biggie for me.. (only the hassle of switching over all my DD's and SO's etc.)

They obviously see this as our punishment for claiming back what was rightfully ours in the first place - and exposing them for what they really are - money grabbing shysters who purport to care about their customers, when actually, all they only care about is how much money they can screw out of ordinary hardworking people

Shame on you Alliance and Leicester.

PJ..xx

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks