New to all of this - yet optimistic!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am A & L customer and have been charged excessive bank charges for the most ridiculous reasons.

I need some help however have been onto Govan Law Centre website in Glasgow for guidance..

I need help!! :o

I have sent off for the past 6 years statements and enclosed the £10 fee recommended by another website to cover more of their admin charges!

This sent on 22nd Jan so early days. I do have some statements but is it best to wait until you have them all or can you send in these and get others later on. ?

Do A&L close your current account if you start this and if so, do you go to the Ombudsman? Have they legal right to do this? and why?

Also, has anyone gone to Ombudsman and when do you reach this stage?

How long will all of this take - from beg to successful end?

God, I am all over the place :-| and impatient as I really feel angry by these charges.... that is understatement!

thanx for any help or guidance anyone can offer - much MUCH appreciated.. truely.

I would wait til you have all your statements and do one claim with one total or else it will get too complicated! Im sure you cant wait to get moving but the last thing you want is to have several claims going, especially when it gets to mcol stage because you would have to pay several amounts of court fees etc. The only adcice I can give is to follow the step by step guide because that really is the best way to get your money back. Its time consuming because you have to give them certain amounts of times to respond but you WILL get your money back!

I just got my check and with it the letter makes clear that my account will be closed and A&L will be contacting me direct to inform me of this, I think it is the same for all with A&L. I already have another account so wont contest it - not sure if anyone has successfully yet.

did you see in latest posts that A&L have been fined for closing account because of action by customer. :p

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE